Denver Area Runners

Greetings! (Read 166 times)

Hey, good to see other nearby runners in the neighborhood. I recently moved to Erie from Littleton (I've lived in the South and West metro areas for 15+ years). I miss Jefferson county and all of the open space parks (esp. the hills). Waterton Canyon was always one of my personal favorites. I am hoping, I can find some individuals to motivate me to journey down there for the occasional run. I also noticed someone was posting quite a few routes in Lafayette. Any idea how I could find that person? I'd really like the company for my long runs. -Dale
      Welcome to the group Dale. Sorry I can't help you with the Lafayette route poster, but I am always up for a run in Waterton if you decide to come back down this way!
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

That would be me. I moved the opposite direction last year. There is a lot of awsome running in Lafayette and Boulder too if you want to drive a little further. Probably my favorite is Teller Farm. It starts just east of 95th off of Arapahoe and winds all the way to the water tower in Gunbarrel. Its a perfect mixtrue of flats and hills. I am getting verklempt just writing about it. Cry
        If you're bored ask why you're boring
          I was looking a Teller farms today. Very cool. My wife and I are thinking about trying White Rocks in the next few weeks. I work in Boulder, and have been running along Goose Creek and Boulder Creek. When the weather improves, I plan on trying out some of the trails in the foothills. I even have plans to run into the office starting once a week or so. -Dale

Rim Rock Dad

Welcome dk! I'm with Dave, when you're down here on the west side of town, let us know. I'm sure there's someone in our group that'll want to run with you.
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
            sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Yeah the running in Boulder is endless. If you tell me what distance and what type (Hills, Flats) ect I can let you know where to go. In Boulder here are some of my favorite runs: Mesa Trail - rated moderate, but I think it’s a pretty good run. Nice and Hilly 12 miles from South Mesa at Eldorado to chautauqua and back. Bear Peak - aka Stairmaster. I think the loop from UCAR up bear canyon up the west ridge and down the front side is around 8 miles ... but then there is the matter of 2000 + feet of climbing. Bobo Link - I think this is one of the best flat runs on the front range. It is 7 miles total. It starts at Cherryvale and Baseline and runs all of the way to Marshal Road/ 93. Community Ditch/ Doudy draw/ Marshal mesa Loop - 8 mile loop starting at the trail head off the south side of the road to Eldorado. At the Y go right up Doudy draw at 93 cross the highway across Marshall mesa cross 93 again and finish Community Ditch. This is a great run with a nice mix of flats and hills. You can also combine all of the runs listed above to make a mega run. Happy running

Top 'O the World!

Just wanted to say "Hi! Dale" Welcome! I'm mostly on the Lone Tree side of Littleton....mostly running South towards Castle Rock....except when I'm near Como....
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Dale! I agree with Sherpagirl about Bobolink and Community Ditch/Doudy Draw. They're two of my favorite trails. Bobolink is actually the name of the trailhead - it's the South Boulder Creek trail. It's really pretty, and is tree-lined the whole way, a rarity in the flatlands. Another tree-lined dirt trail is Coal Creek Trail in Lafayette. I work in Broomfield, and have found quite a few dirt trails near the office for lunchtime running. I sometimes run around the office park here, but it's all concrete sidewalks, so usually I drive to a nearby trailhead.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Where is the dirt part of the Coal Creek Trail? I live in Erie and the part of trail I am most familiar with is paved. (it is about 50 feet from my house). I noticed some trail which seems to head northwest from the new rec center. Next weekend, I might give this a go and see how far it goes (or at least how far I can go ;-) ). I ran from the Flatiron Vista trailhead over to the Doudy Draw last year. Pretty nice. -Dale
                    sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Dale, I will put a map of the dirt part of Coal creek in our maps section. That will allow you to see all of the places you can pick it up.
                        Thanks! I also talked to a co-worker and used Google Earth and was able to see the dirt part of the Coal Creek trail. I will try to get down there in coming weeks. As soon as we have the ability to upload GPS data, I'll map it. (I have a nice route from this weekend's run at White Rock which is a great spring/winter run; very exposed for a summer run). -Dale