Denver Area Runners

Cold enough for you? (Read 327 times)

Just asking! Was anyone else as dedicated ,er, foolish as I was and brave the cold today? I managed to get in 18 in Waterton Canyon before it got really cold. Believe it or not, it really wasn't too bad with 5 layers on! I ran with a couple of others so I know I wasn't the only one (of course, they quit after 12 miles Wink)! Hope everyone is well!! Stay warm! Big grin Big grin
    Dave
    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
    --- Clarence DeMar
    wildchild

Carolyn

Nope, I ran on the indoor track at the rec center. I did run outside on Saturday, though, before it got so cold. You're braver (or stupider) than me! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Stupider for sure!!!
        Dave
        --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

I didn't have a choice in the matter...off to work @ 5:30am Monday (massive amts of housework on Sunday!) BUT I saw a guy in my neighborhood out in a fleece, earband & what looked like light gloves @ -17 degrees!!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          wildchild

Carolyn

Any of you guys planning to do the trail series race at Chatfield on Saturday? The forecast says high of 16F. I think I'll skip it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm already registered for it so I'll probably go. I guess nice weather was too much to ask for! Roll eyes It may as well snow a bunch also.
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar
                I will be at the Rudolphs Revenge. Maybe I'll see you there! Look for the guy in 5 layers! :-) FWIW, I did run on Monday. I have a fitness class at 6:00 am twice a week. I make it a point to run the 2 miles to the rec center. -12 F when I left the house. :-) It was nicer Monday afternoon. Nearly 1 F in Boulder when I did my lunch run. -Dale
                  Look for the guy in 5 layers! :-)
                  I'm guessing that will pretty much be all of us!
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

On the other hand, last night about 6pm was just perfect! Wink I won't make tom am as I have a round-trip drive to Hastings,NE to get the kids... Good luck to all you popsicles!! Hopefully I can catch the next one. Cindy
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Just have to say it turned out to be a beautiful morning for a race! Definitely brisk, but great sunshine. I never felt cold. Or too hot. Now, about those hills... who knew Chatfield was that hilly??!!!
                      Dave
                      --- Clarence DeMar
                        The dam course! The conditions were really, really good (other then a few icy spots). I don't do this distance often on roads so I managed to get a PR. According to my phone, it was 18 at race start. However, the sun was out and the excitement was there. Very good turn out given the cold. -Dale
                          I don't do this distance often on roads so I managed to get a PR.
                          Funny! Me too! Big grin Congrats Dale!
                          Dave
                          --- Clarence DeMar
                          wildchild

Carolyn

Nice job on the PRs, Dale and Dave! Did you wear yaktrax or screw shoes, or was it clear enough not to? 18 degrees doesn't sound too bad - it hit a high of 8 at my house on Saturday.

I didn't have special gear. There were a few icy spots, but for the most part the course was in good shape.