Denver Area Runners

Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon (Read 259 times)

Who's in? This one's a PR just waiting to happen. I just about soiled myself when I saw the registration fee, but I'm in! I love this run. Except for that little uphill stretch going into Idaho Springs. Oh, cruel world! Smile
    Dave
    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
    --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

I won't be able to make it. Good luck with the race, and let us know how it goes!
      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
        Well...it went pretty much like a dream! Crushed my PR by six and a half minutes. Ran a 1:21:47, good for 23rd overall and finished 2nd (to Mike Quispe from Roadrunners) in 40-44 age group. Shocked I was really starting to question my training and fitness level. Looks like I'm doing much better than I felt.
        Dave
        --- Clarence DeMar
        Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Congratulations Dave!!
          "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
            Thanks! Smile
            Dave
            --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Congratulations!! I didn't see your post before the race!! Dernit! I was running w/lge group of TNT peeps - purple singlets - I didn't do as well as I'd hoped - having foot/shoe issues....finished - but my worst HM so far! What's next???
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                Thanks, Cindy! Smile Sorry to hear you had foot/shoe issues. I know that can make for a dreadful run. But, finishing with adversity is what I like to classify as a "character builder". You know what they say..."What doesn't kill you...blah, blah, blah". Big grin By the way, I saw a bunch of TNTer's up there. You guys were out in force!! Great to see the dedication, support, and teamwork TNT brings. As for next... next target race is Denver Marathon.
                Dave
                --- Clarence DeMar
                wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, great job on the PR and 2nd in AG! Cindy, sorry to hear you had a carpy race and had foot issues. Oh, well, it's still good training, and nice that you were part of a large TNT contingent! I didn't run this one because I was just back from two weeks of backpacking with no running at all, and wasn't sure of my running fitness. Although my overall fitness was high, as backpacking is hard work, we covered lots of miles, and we were at high altitude in Wyoming.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rim Rock Dad

Well...it went pretty much like a dream! Crushed my PR by six and a half minutes. Ran a 1:21:47, good for 23rd overall and finished 2nd (to Mike Quispe from Roadrunners) in 40-44 age group. Shocked I was really starting to question my training and fitness level. Looks like I'm doing much better than I felt.
                    Wow, that's great Dave! I had a feeling that you were underestimating yourself back in the spring when you ran Eisenhower. I think its possible that you'll break 3 hours in your next 26.2.
                    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart