Denver Area Runners

New job in Englewood - need running route ideas (Read 260 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey all, I got laid off from my job in Broomfield a month ago. I just landed a new job in Englewood (woo hoo!) near I-25 and C-470, in the Inverness office park near Centennial airport. I'm not familiar with this part of town at all - I live in the mountains. (Yeah, it's a long commute, but they said I could work at home part time.) During the summer I'll be running at home in the nice cool mountain air before or after work, but come fall, I'll switch to lunchtime runs in town. And in the winter it's really essential to run at lunch, since winter flatland weather is so much better for running than winter mountain weather. (I live at 9300 feet) I'd appreciate any suggestions for nice running routes, preferably dirt, or at least asphalt bike trails. Thanks in advance.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

Hey Carolyn! You're in my part of town!! Woo-hoo! Completely different from your mtn trails, but we do have several....do you have access to Google Earth?.....I run on several different ones.....wereabouts in the area & are you looking to run out from work?
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Cindy! Yeah, I'm looking for trails close to the office, for lunchtime runs. I think there are some nice trails at Cherry Creek state park, and that doesn't appear to be too far. I've also seen one listed called Willow Creek trail, that crosses County Line Rd just west of I-25.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

Yeah, I run on Willow Creek sometimes..shady, meanders through parks & greenbelt along the creek....several places to get onto that one. I usually hop on near Sweetwater Park just off Yosemite/Maximus, South of C470/I-25 - which is I believe the South end of Willow Creek, following it North, it runs under C470, & under County Line, etc NW....towards Holly & Arapahoe....for about a 5 min drive you can also hop on Highline Canal Trail in several places....the one through Cherry Hills Village is pretty shady & scenic - including some HUGE houses....If you prefer open spaces, there's one that also runs from the vicinity of I-25/C470 - Eastbound just South of DTC..Columbine Memorial Trail East....I've seen that one on a map, but haven't personally checked it out... Also....From just South of C470/Quebec - behind the Kohl's is Altair Park - Wildcat NA trail starts as concrete, becomes packed dirt, runs straight South through greenbelt, across Lincoln to Bluffs Regional Park trail which is a loop w/a nice BIG hill Wink ~ several juts off that one as well around in Highlands Ranch/Lone Tree area.... & then there's CCSP....again, I haven't run around that too much yet... not sure how many are out near the airport.... check out South Suburban Parks & Rec for some map info, also REI on County Line - across from Park Meadows Mall, has several trail maps too
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          EASY 10

there is Bluff's trail off of exit 193...take a right at lincoln and take a left after the Target store and the road will take you straight to the trail head. it is a 2.7 mile trail but you can expand it by taking the fork at the bottom of the trail....

Top 'O the World!

Yep! That's @ the bottom (sort of) of my "little hill" Big grin .....Bluffs Regional Park...just a different way of getting to it.....opposite side curls around & goes North on Wildcat to several other options...North into Lone Tree, West in a coupla spots into HR - mixed packed dirt/concrete "sidewalk" type...