Denver Area Runners

Labor Day weekend (Read 289 times)

Rim Rock Dad

How was everybody's weekend? Did anybody run any races? Did you do anything else? Inquiring minds must know. I had the distinct displeasure of dealing with the main drain leaving the house. Tongue 3 days, and I finally got done with it around 12 noon on Monday, thanks to the Pikle and Lil' Bro families helping out. I was able to live vicariously through MP while I watched her get some new wheels. To top off the weekend, I was able to finally run for about 4 miles tonight. God, it made me happy!! Big grin
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      Hmmm... What did I do? Oh, yeah. A long long run with Ken Applegate (he's in RMRR- not sure if you've met him) on Sunday. Went to Wash Park to watch the finish of the Park to Park 10 miler Monday morning (talk about a bunch of fast runners!). There was some eating and napping thrown in there also. Have not seen you or Mama Pickle in ages...are you guys going to the Trophy Series race at Chatfield? By the way, the date of that race has been changed to Sat. Sept. 13. I imagine you got the email but I'll mention it anyway. Wink Not sure exactly why the change (a conflict of some sort) but it's going to make the 20 miler on Sunday the 14th that much more difficult! One of them there races is going to suffer.
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

I recovered (ie: slept a great deal!) over the wknd - from crewing the TransRockiesRun - AWESOME event by the way!! Yes Awesome!: people, food, schwag, weather/scenery, got in a coupla minor trail runs..... IT folks put together recap videos every night.... http://transrockies.com/transrockiesrun/news/?cat=8 btw: it seemed pricey for the runners - until I saw what all was involved!!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

go Care Bear go!

Spent a few hours volunteering on the bike course at the 24 hours of Triathlon race at Cherry Creek SP on Saturday. On Monday, I had a good race on a beautiful morning doing the Park to Park 10 miler. What a great course and well organized event. Totally enjoyed myself and will look forward to this one in 2009. Last tri of the season coming up this Sunday in Parker, the Fall Frenzy..... anyone else?

Rim Rock Dad

Dave, we've had a few family things come up over the summer. For some reason, its been on the race days. Right now, I don't have anything on the calender on the 13th except for the race itself. I'm due for a good race time. Cool
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
            Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

..are you guys going to the Trophy Series race at Chatfield?
              My bad is that I have let my training go to hell in a handcart so wouldn't be up for that distance this Sunday. But the good news is, I decided I needed to jump off the deep end and get my act back together so I signed up for a duathlon at the end of the month. So.....either I get training again....or they find me in a quivering, whimpering pile on the side of the road during the race. We shall see Big grin
              "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                they find me in a quivering, whimpering pile on the side of the road during the race. We shall see Big grin
                That would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Just kidding! That may be me on Sunday if I push one or both of these weekend races too hard!
                Dave
                --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

You are evil Dave! Big grin I like that in a person....
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

That would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
                    In my mind, it isn't a matter of "if" it will happen, it is a matter of when it will happen.....this duathalon....first time I run a half.....place your bets now!
                    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                      I bet both! Add some projectile vomiting and we've got a show! Just joking- I'm sure you are gonna do great.
                      Dave
                      --- Clarence DeMar