Denver Area Runners

New Year's Resolutions (Read 213 times)

Anyone else have some running related resolutions? Here are some of mine so far. 1. Run a thousand miles (I just missed it last year to do injury). This year, I'm gonna kick that bunny's tail! 2. Complete a hundred miler (almost pulled that one off this year; 86 miles in 25 hours) 3. 43:30 for a 10K (7:00 per mile) 4. 5:50 for a single mile 5. And finally, run a 3:30 marathon (8:00 per mile)

Rim Rock Dad

1. Just got in over 600 miles this year (seemed easier than when I was trying to get 500), so I think that getting in 700 should be a good step. 2. I'd like to get in at least one marathon (goal 4:30) and one ultra this year. Money will determine that. 3.I just missed 50 minutes for a 10k back at the Bolder Boulder, so if I can beat that I'll be happy.
      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

So where is everybody?? okay, I been in Breck! Roll eyes Resolutions!? 1.) Put The Fork Down!! (goal would be 40lbs - but I'd breathe easier w/20) 2.) Run More! (broke 1100 last year, goal would be to beat that...) 3.) Meet some more of my imaginary friends! Wink
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          Running resolutions/goals??? Hmmmm.... 1. Sub 3:00 at Boston (looking doubtful) 2. Run a decent BolderBoulder (sub or low 38) 3. Sub or low 1:20 at Georgetown to Idaho Springs half 4. 2:56 at Denver Marathon Right now, none of these seem possible. But, I guy can dream can't he? Big grin Also, I strongly second these: 1.) Put The Fork Down!! AND 3.) Meet some more of my imaginary friends!
          Dave
          "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
          --- Clarence DeMar
            1. Run 2500 miles 2. Sub 5:00 Mile 3. Sub 19:00 5K 4. Complete First Marathon 5. Run said Marathon in 3:30 or better 6. Lose my remaining 15 pounds, i.e Put That Fork Down!

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."