Denver Area Runners

New map (Read 98 times)

Rim Rock Dad

In case anyone needs it, I have a new map for the 6.5 mile loop on Green Mountain. As weather permits, I'll get this park filled out.
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
    sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Can I find it in the routes? I am looking forward to the GPS interface. Once that happens you'll see lots of new trail routes from me. I put a route in for Waterton a little bit a ago. I may try and put something together for Mathew Winters as well. I think I should be able to map it with Google Satalite Images. SG
      If you're bored ask why you're boring

Rim Rock Dad

We have a map button, right under the forums, on the left hand side of the screen. Click that, and it'll take you right there. The advantage to posting our maps on this forum is that we can keep our area of the website a little more organized, and its a little easier to see where we've been. Its nice to see where our group likes to run, and gives us a pool that we can choose from when we want to set up any group runs in the future. If you have any routes that you've already put up on RA, you can add them to our list for the other members to view. I think that the GPS feature that Eric is working on will bring in a flood of maps to the site. It should be interesting to see what comes of it. Call me behind the times, but I found that I like entering the route manually. I like remembering the run, especially this last Sunday. I was able to go up the west side of Green Mtn. from the bridge over C-470 to the top without stopping. I even kept going to the parking lot at Alameda and Florida before I stopped. I had never done this before, so I'm really looking forward to the next time I take this route. Sorry. Had to gloat a little. Big grin
        James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
        sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Good Job, thats a good little hill ... you can gloat !! Cool.
          If you're bored ask why you're boring