Denver Area Runners

Bolder Boulder!? (Read 362 times)

Top 'O the World!

me & DH are in the GA wave...You??
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Cindy! Nope, no Bolder Boulder for me. Waaaay too many people, and it tends to be HOT. Are you doing the Slacker this year? I'm not sure if I am, because my family might be away on vacation that week, but I might do Run the Rockies again this year.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

up in the air about Slacker....had lotsa fun...looking to be a potentially busy busy wknd...& I haven't done the Run the Rockies as yet....am on deck for the Boulder Marathon in Sept.....let me know - we should hook up @ one Wink
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          Hey guys! I had to do a double take when I saw the "new activities since..." Big grin I'll be in the A wave at BolderBoulder... this may be the only year I qualify for it! (Thanks to the very kind downhill Georgetown to Idaho Springs course!) Wink As for Run the Rockies, I give it a big thumbs up. It's a little challenging after mile 7 or so but it was a real nice little race. Great post race gathering with some good food and awesome raffle prizes. If you go, plan on wearing some warm clothes to the start, it's cool and breezy at the start area (as I'm sure Carolyn can attest to). Nice to see you all are still out there!!!!
          Dave
          "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
          --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Oh 'A" wave!! That means you get camera duty again! Evil grin Wink

Rim Rock Dad

Wow Dave! A wave? As in, no additional letters behind that A? Great job! I'm sure you'll smoke the course. I got into the CB wave. Kinda surprised me, since I was in the EB last year. Looking forward to the race and seeing you and Cindy again. Carolyn, when is Run the Rockies? I need to look at that one. Mama Pickle and I are doing the summer duathlon series as a team relay this year. Last weekend's race was a blast! We got 5th in our division (out of 5), but we also were only 10 minutes out of 3rd. So we're going to take the next race a little more seriously I'm thinking about hitting the Boulder Marathon this year, then we'll see about Denver.
              James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                Wow Dave! A wave? As in, no additional letters behind that A? Great job! I'm sure you'll smoke the course.
                No additional letters! Of course, I don't think I can run sub-38 on the BB course, which is the A wave standard... I need to use times from those fast courses to get up there. Wink I'll be feeling out of place and starting from the rear of the pack, hoping to beat just one person in my wave! To compound matters, my bib # is A012, which one would expect to see on a VERY fast runner... somehow, the roadrunners club team got bibs A008, A009, A010, A012, and AA012 and AA013.
                Dave
                --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Somehow, I don't think you'll have a problem Dave. Roll eyes

Right on Hereford...

No additional letters! Of course, I don't think I can run sub-38 on the BB course, which is the A wave standard... I need to use times from those fast courses to get up there. Wink I'll be feeling out of place and starting from the rear of the pack, hoping to beat just one person in my wave! To compound matters, my bib # is A012, which one would expect to see on a VERY fast runner... somehow, the roadrunners club team got bibs A008, A009, A010, A012, and AA012 and AA013.

Dave, just joined this group...I'm Dakota RR (aka, Mark) and I'm from the Republic of Boulder.

I'll be right there in the back of A-wave with ya. If you see a guy in a bright red BB08 shirt and red Pearl Izumi shoes, that's me (helps my wife spot me in the crowds).

Also my first time in A, and I will be feeling out of place and hoping to beat just one person, too. I think I'll have to frame my bib when I'm done!

Rim Rock Dad

Thanks for joining us, Mark!

Looks like we have a race between you and Dave. Good luck!

Top 'O the World!

Hey Mark!  Great to see you in here! You too should be on "camera duty" ~ since you'll be done before my wave even starts!  

Right on Hereford...

Thanks, and good luck to everyone running tomorrow. The weather looks great for running, not so great for spectating. 52 and possibly raining at the start. That's almost the exact weather we had in 2005 when I had a great day.

Welcome to the group Mark!  I'm somewhat familiar with you from the Swamp...I tend to lurk there a bunch.  I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow.  I think I'm going to be wearing a blue Boston marathon singlet,  bib A012, and red shorts. 

Good luck everyone!  I predict PR's for all!!!!

Dave
                            --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

So....how'd everybody do???  me - 2 mins slower than last year, (1:06:55) but a MUCH better quality race! steady & better paced....now I just gotta work on that speed thingy!    still wish they had a "beer tent"

I sucked.  Better than last year, though.  I really sucked then!  Ended up running 39:57, a minute and a half slower than I had hoped.  Anyone else feel it was a little muggy this morning?

On a more positive note, I did meet Mark (Dakota  RR) before the start.  Actually, he found me somewhat randomly in the CB corral about 6:30.  I last saw him pulling away from me somewhere around mile 4!  He was looking pretty strong!

By the way, I did see a Michelob Ultra beer tent over in the expo area...of course, there was no actual beer anywhere near it!!!

Dave
                                --- Clarence DeMar