Denver Area Runners

Winter Distance Series (Read 285 times)

Top 'O the World!

With the big snow storm looming in Wyoming this wknd...I thought it appropriate to look this up... Wink Rudolph's Revenge 5K/10K Run/Walk December 20, 2008 Chatfield State Park Littleton, CO Frosty's Frozen Five 5M/10M Run/Walk January 18, 2009 Chatfield State Park Littleton, CO Snowman Stampede 5M/10M Run/Walk February 21, 2009 Chatfield State Park Littleton, CO
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    wildchild

Carolyn

Cindy, those look like fun races. Have you done these before?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

No, I haven't yet....thinking I should put them into my schedule though Wink
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Rim Rock Dad

I did the series last year. Its a great deal, and I got a great long sleeve tech shirt that's one of my favorites. However, the races are ran no matter what the weather is. Just a warning.
          James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

go Care Bear go!

I've done a couple of these over the past few years. The Snowman Stampede used to be at Cherry Creek State Park. It's a good series but Chatfield (and CCSP for that matter) can be especially windy!! I'll probably do at least one of these.. depends on how ski season shakes out!

Top 'O the World!

Hmmm, ski season is looking spendy!
                I just signed up for the series. Free. No charge. Zero. Zilch. Nada... OK, I'll stop it. They (Derek and Jessica, Colorado Runner Events) gave me the series free for volunteering at Greenland 50k this past April. That's a pretty nice trade. They often do that for volunteers. I'll post in here somewhere if they start looking for volunteers for these races...I think they offered free registration for the Greenland races last time.
                Dave
                "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

well, how cool is that! I've really enjoyed some of the perks from volunteering! Wink
                    well, how cool is that! I've really enjoyed some of the perks from volunteering! Wink
                    Oh, yeah, there's also the feel good satisfaction from giving. You know. Selflessly and stuff. Wink
                    Dave
                    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                    --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

sweaty hugs from runners! Big grin .....