Denver Area Runners

Cherry Creek Sneak? (Read 173 times)

Top 'O the World!

Anybody else going?? I'm still trying to sort out my registration....Active listed my name as "Unknown, Unknown!" Angry poor race director is trying to sort things out...ended up getting my DH in on SA sales slip whilst waiting for the sorting....(spent over $100 in the clearance rack! Roll eyes again!)
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Yes, I'm going. Need to drag my arse down to the bank and register this week sometime. I couldn't justify spending the $$ in SA today. I already have 12 of everything !Big grin Big grin After the race, I most likely will be found in the beer garden with my loud mouth friends. Stop by and say hi! Running dad, Mama Pickle, see you there?
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Oh yeah, I'll be there. I'll be in the 5k race. We need to try to get together before the race starts. How about we meet at one of the buggy corrals in the Safeway parking lot?
        James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

This'll be my 1st CCS....so, still learning where things are.... I'm signed up *sorta* for the 5M...DH is signed up for the 5K (giggle) so, that one being @ 8am & mine @ 9:15am....I'm gonna run both...the 1st prolly real slow - @ which point I'll leave him off @ the beer tent, where I'll collect him later Big grin
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Whatever you guys decide. I will be there.
            "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
              Hmmm..... I didn't realize the 5k started that much earlier than the 5M race. Is that new? Anyway, I can meet you guys there before you go off. I may run 5k as a warmup (might as well use the empty streets). I still need to register. . . MTA: James - name the time and the spot!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Parking lot at Safeway (west side of the start line). Lets meet at the buggy corral closest to the start line. It'll be a good spot for stretching, and the parking lot there will have no vehicles. We'll have plenty of room for warming up. 7:30 sound good for everyone?
                  Sounds good to me. Cindy, see you there? MTA: registered today. Got bib 757. Good number!
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Oops! We got there late & then got hijacked by another couple we know doing the 5K....BIG CROWD!! we needed cell phones to stay "hooked up!" I did the 5K 1st (10:09 pc~per Garmin), which was a good set-up/wu for the 5 mile (10:18pc also, per Garmin ~ nope! I'm not one of the elites!! not even close!!) but I feel pretty good getting 8 miles @ what's a really good steady pace for me! I'll bet next wknd is flat gonna kick my butt!! Black eye Now I'm nursing a beer headache! minor one!
                      Nice job! We kept an eye out for you this morning! What a beautiful day for a race.
                      Dave
                      --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Just counted up the participants. 7022 people were out there today. Thought it seemed a little crowed. No wonder we missed you Cindy. Glad you had a good time, though. We'll have to try the get together thing again later.

Top 'O the World!

Sounds good to me! Smile I'm next on deck for Ft Collins...then Boulder...

Rim Rock Dad

I've got 4-5 people that will be going up with me for Bolder Boulder. Once we get closer, we can get the final points of the grand plan nailed down.