Denver Area Runners

Weekend races (Read 223 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Its time we do a running report for the weekend. My lovely daughter and Mama Pickle ran the Iron Girl race down at City Park this morning. It was her first race, and she finished it without stopping in 34:33! I'm so proud of her! Many thanks need to go out to MP for sacrificing a beautiful day for the RMRR race this morning. Thank you, Stacey. You made my DD's first race a very memorable one. The monthly trophy series race for RMRR was on a new 5 mile course at the Stapleton Park off of MLK Blvd and Beeler Street. Very nice conditions, clear skies, and lots of runners. It was 100% concrete, so the legs took a little beating for the first mile or so, but then everything felt better. I PREVIOUSLY had a PR of 44:54 from the Frozen Five race back in January, now it sits at 39:19. Big grin
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

....still recovering from my 1st Half Marathon up in Ft Collins!!!! WOO-HOO!! 2094 Cindy R Honebein 875 42/62 536/705 2:24:12 11:01 2:26:02 !! Brilliant, cold morning in the canyon! Verry pleased w/my maiden flight on sleep challenged body!!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on your first half, mtnchk! That's awesome! I opted for a 5K closer to home - the Fairmount 5000 in Golden. It's a small race (290 people) that's a fundraiser for an elementary school PTA. I ran a PR 28:17, and placed first in my age group! (50-59) There were a lot of kids, and about half the runners wore their cotton race tee shirts, so I could tell it wasn't very competitive. I sure know how to pick races! Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Its time we do a running report for the weekend. Many thanks need to go out to MP for sacrificing a beautiful day for the RMRR race this morning. Thank you, Stacey. You made my DD's first race a very memorable one. Big grin
          The pleasure was ALL mine! It was a great time....although I would never have thought running in a pink boa could be so challenging! I am looking forward to racing the Iron Girl again next year with her. She keeps going at the rate she is, she will be leaving her ole' aunt in the dust in no time!
          "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
          seemomgo

I should have read these posts prior to the weekend!!!! Yes I was at the Iron Girl event with my daughter and the Luna Chix! We had a great time - it is a fun event and has the best post race breakfast!!! SeeGirlGo won 3rd in her age group - so that was cool! Next year's event will be even bigger and better! I think I saw you fine girls in your Boas!!!Nice touch!
            Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I think I saw you fine girls in your Boas!!!Nice touch!
              I think we did stand out a bit. It was a great time and great weather! Will you be running the BolderBoulder?
              "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
              seemomgo

I don't know yet...I am running the Title 9k in Boulder this weekend. My old bones can't take too much!!!We will be working in the Luna tent passing out Luna product. I am not sure I want to head back up to Boulder again after that!