Denver Area Runners

hello hello (Read 127 times)

EASY 10

hello y'al, i moved to englewood colorado barely two weeks ago from honolulu hawaii. its late at night and i decided to surf the net and found this here site and decided to join it if that is ok with y'al. i like to think that i have a sense of humor and sometimes very sarcastic and dry and i hope it meets the prerequisite. i kind of just started exploring the area on short runs. i can't seem to find sidewalks (for safety not because i need them) or trails. is it ok to run on the grass a few meters off the road. i'm not sure how colorado deals with pedestrians and such. well enough about my rambles. i hope to hear from some of you.
    sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Welcome, In some of the older neighborhoods there are no side walks. There is a ton of running in Denver. Pretty much any flavor you want. Down in your area try and find the Platte river trail. That trail runs all the way from down town to the E-470 bike path. Try your local bike store. They should have maps of all of the bike trails in Denver. We literally have 100's of miles of bike trails. Another suggestion for a run in you area is Waterton Canyon. That is located down by Chatfield Reservoir. Good luck and happy running.
      If you're bored ask why you're boring
      seemomgo

Welcome! I am out in Littleton. There are lots of great areas to run in. I love the suggestion of getting to the bike store. They do have lots of maps! Also log on to the South Suburban web site. They maintain lots of the trails and walkways. What made you move to Colorado? Tell us a bit about yourself! C-mom
        wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome, I'm not familiar with running routes in your part of town (I live in the mountains and work in Broomfield) but Colorado is very runner-friendly, so you should be fine running on grass or wherever you want. Just watch out for dog poo...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rim Rock Dad

Welcome, Easy! Glad you stopped in. As far as trails are concerned, you'll be covered in this town. In addition to Highline Canal and all that South Suburban has to offer, Jefferson County Open Space, http://co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/, has 1000's of acres to run through. Just be ready for the hills. Big grin
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
            EASY 10

thanks for the info. what made me move to colorado? the pursuit of higher education, mountains, and all related activities. very vague i know. i'm pursuing a degree in physical therapy and the opportunity came up when my brother moved up here so i decided to join him. i'll explore the area a little more and get some miles in and hope i don't get too cold.

Top 'O the World!

Hey! I just wanted to pop in & say "Welcome!" too... http://www.ssprd.org/ssiyf/map.asp?tl=5&m=2
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group