Denver Area Runners

Eisenhower Marathon (Read 147 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Just wanted to give Dave a big GOOD LUCK for the marathon next Saturday. I hope that you can get a new PR (what are you shooting for?), and that the drive out to flatland central won't be too boring.
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      Thanks James! If all goes as planned, a new PR (3:22) and BQ (3:20) should happen. Right now I'm feeling really good (hope I don't curse myself) and enjoying these last few taper days. That being said, if the weather (especially the wind) cooperates and all the planets align properly, and I don't eat something stupid or forget to drink (a perfect day in other words), I'm hoping to break 3:15, maybe even 3:13 or so. Based on the Snowman Stampede 20, McMillan projects 3:09 something, but that doesn't even sound like something in my time zone! Thanks again, see you guys on the 6th. Yes, I'm really going to be there. Big grin On a side note, how have I missed the joy of Nutella all of these years. My new favorite food- Nutella and strawberry sandwich. Really. It's damn pleasing kind of good. Shocked
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Dave - Hope I'm not too late! Best of Luck!! You will do great! I have no doubt!! And when you get back, Nutella for everyone in celebration!
        "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{ Good Luck Dave!!!!! Smile }}}}}}}
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Thanks guys! We can all have a good laugh if I crash and burn out there!
            Dave
            --- Clarence DeMar
              I made it back in one very sore piece. Ran the race of my life. . . 3:01:26! 4th place overall, won my age group. Frankly, I'm stunned. Never felt bad, had a great run. Still don't believe it. I may be walking the four miles tomorrow. No more race left in me this weekend!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar
              Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

AWESOME JOB!! Can't wait to hear all the details.
                "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Rim Rock Dad

WAY TO GO, DAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your race. This is a new PR for you, isn't it?
                  James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart