Denver Area Runners

Moving to Denver (Read 140 times)

So it looks like I'm moving to Denver next month. My office there is in DTC. Is Highlands Ranch the most logical place to rent a house? As much as I hate the thought of living in one of the 'little boxes,' I really don't want to deal with much of a commute at all. Any thoughts or advice from locals? My wife has family in Golden, and I love that area, but my office is around I25/Orchard, so I think it's way too far. Right now I work from home, so any commute is going to take some adjustment, much less 30-45 minutes or more.

MTA: Oh, also, of course I'm hoping to be near some decent trails if possible. From what I've seen of Denver, it seems hard to find a place that ISN'T near decent trails, but that's a consideration as well.

Top 'O the World!

Well Howdy & Welcome!

DTC is right where Wildchild works & I live-ish...I'm more Lone Tree area (but not actually IN Lone Tree) near Park Meadows Mall...& I prefer that to HR actually - it's also not much of a commute from Englewood, Southern Aurora, Cherry Hills, Castle Rock or Parker...take a look about when you get here. I think there are plenty of rentals to be had that are not in HR!

You're right, it would be a bit from Golden. maybe 30-45 min drive I think - except for heavy tfc zones & bad weather, which would make it longer, but I know some folks who make that kind of commute in order to live in their "preferred" areas.

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome, Green!  I work south of DTC, near I-25 and C-470.  I have a horribly long commute - 50 miles one way. I live in the mountains, and as much as I hate the commute, I love living in the mountains.  I can't see myself living in the "flatlands" and it would be hard to relocate my family.  So I really have no advice about where to live in town, but I wanted to say welcome.

As far as good trails, Cherry Creek State Park and the Highline Canal are both close to your office.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.