Drinkers with a Running Problem

What the heck? (Read 410 times)

PWL

Has been

It's July 4th and there are no drunken RA's posting in the drinking forum?!? I guess it's only 10:00 am. And maybe they're all running races like myself. Happy 4th everybody! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll probably be drinking some tonite...well, maybe not. Now that I think about it we'll likely be home after midnight and did has to work in the AM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Later, my pet, later.
        2009: BQ?
          I had big plans for this morning, I wanted to get up at 7, run a really long run, then do some yard work...etc. BUT did that happen?? NO. Instead I slept in until 9:45!!!! WOW. I feel like such a bum. I don't ever sleep in that late. Once I crawled out of bed and stopped blinking my eyes, my husband jumped ahead of me and now he's out running (I'm home with our youngest). Guess I'll go start yard work. There are DEFINITELY some beers planned for later in the day. Can't cook on the grill without having a beer or two. Tongue

Michelle

Dh made sure to stop at the Beer Distributers yesterday JUST for today! Wouldn't be fair if the kids we're the only one's able to celebrate the 4th (sparklers etc)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I ran 13.2 miles...funny thing - I've never had this happen before when the first thing I wanted after my run was some soda - Coke to be exact. I drank an entire can within 10 minutes after stopping my run. What does that mean!? Then I had some water. Don't worry, the next beverage will be a beer. Sorry Pam...Just Miller Lite this time. Tongue

Michelle

I ran 13.2 miles...funny thing - I've never had this happen before when the first thing I wanted after my run was some soda - Coke to be exact. I drank an entire can within 10 minutes after stopping my run. What does that mean!? Then I had some water. Don't worry, the next beverage will be a beer. Sorry Pam...Just Miller Lite this time. Tongue
                No need to apologize for Miller Lite Wink That's kind of a strange craving, but I wouldn't worry about what it means! Some of my Ultra friends drink Cokes during ultras to settle their stomaches ... Confused Great run this morning!
                2009: BQ?
                  I like Corona, and was tempted to buy a case of that yesterday but I just couldn't stray from the usual. Working on beer number 3...and they are going down nicely. Big grin Next up, a game of Gin with my husband. Oh...and my legs are sore from my long run today, I picked a new course and it has quite a few big hills. Hmmmm. The beer ought to help with this.

Michelle

PWL

Has been

Later, my pet, later.
                    That's good-I was nervous for awhile. P.S. Nice race today--you kicked my a**! Tongue

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

The voice of mile 18

Oh...and my legs are sore from my long run today, I picked a new course and it has quite a few big hills. Hmmmm. The beer ought to help with this.
                      beer? I thought you said you were drinking miller lite. c'mon break down and buy the good stuff. on alcohol note: none for me today. it was overcast and raining today just didn't feel like a july 4th picnic. couldn't get my drinking mojo on. Sad please toast one in honour of my missing mojo

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran 13.2 miles...funny thing - I've never had this happen before when the first thing I wanted after my run was some soda - Coke to be exact. I drank an entire can within 10 minutes after stopping my run. What does that mean!?
                        I loves me a Diet Coke after a run! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Yeah.....I moved. Then I had a few at a local pub. That was about it. Oh, the soda craving was probably due to your body want to replenish glycogen stores, and simple sugars are the quickest way to do that.
                            Yeah.....I moved. Then I had a few at a local pub.
                            At your new local pub? What was it like? Can you see it being your new "usual hangout"?
                            Oh, the soda craving was probably due to your body want to replenish glycogen stores, and simple sugars are the quickest way to do that.
                            That makes sense, I've just never craved a soda like that, especially while I was running! It wasn't an every now and then craving either, it was pretty constant near the end of the run.
                            That's kind of a strange craving, but I wouldn't worry about what it means! Some of my Ultra friends drink Cokes during ultras to settle their stomaches ... Confused
                            My stomach wasn't bothering me at all yesterday. Of course right now after drinking too many beers last night, I wish I had that coke, it was the last one. Sad

Michelle

Scout7

Wasn't new, and wasn't really local to the new apartment. Met a friend at a place in between.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Beer, brats (boiled in beer, then grilled to perfection), and apple pie. That's All-American holiday fare for me! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.