Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Glarus' Belgian Red (Read 409 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I FINALLY had this...OMG, it was SO worth the wait.  I wish we could buy this near us.  Tonite we have a bottle of Raspberry Tart to try.  My folks couldn't get the Cranbic, yet. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait.

NG has a Cranbic?  For real?

BTW, the Red is better than the Tart, but they are both fairly awesome.

MTA: Holy Crap

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I could cry.  I wish we had time to take a detour up beyond the Cheddar Curtain on the way home, but that would probably cost us 90 minutes.  Why must WI be so far away?  Why must Lake MI be so big?

And why can't I just be in the dark about these tasty beers?  Ignorance is bliss.  Now I am a tortured soul.  But I am glad that Mr. Scovill has conned me into running Green Bay in May (I'm doing the half...maybe once I can see him win a race).  60% of my reason for running it is to load up the Zoomymobile with NG brews. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, the Red is better than the Tart, but they are both fairly awesome.

+1.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You bastard!  I'm gonna report you to New Glarus! 

Seriously, though...how did you get your hands on that?  And, more importantly, is it as good as the other ones?

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

By coincidence, a friend drove down from WI today and brought me two 4-packs.

This: Big grin

It is strongly cranberry, not too sweet, with a nice tartness and lambic acidity.  It reminds me of a geuze with the added cranberry character.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gawd, that sounds good.  Damn, I wish all of my friends in WI would come visit bearing such gifts. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I traded him some Yazoo Dos Perros and Hefeweizen.

First bottle of the NG down.  Good stuff.  Really very nice.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I traded him some Yazoo Dos Perros and Hefeweizen.

First bottle of the NG down.  Good stuff.  Really very nice.

That's so cool to do a beer trade like that.  I could trade people for Bell's, New Holland, and Founder's...but I think I still like NG's products, overall, the best. *I'm drinking a Spotted Cow right now*

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My BIL gave me a bottle of this for my birthday a few weeks ago.  Best gift I got this year!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, cassis!  Have you ever had a snakebite black?  Half lager, half hard cider, with a shot of black currant liquer or creme de cassis.  YUM!  I got kinda messed up on those during a semester in the UK.  1 pint would have me very happy, 2 pints would have me stupid, 3 would have me on the floor for a nap.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, cassis!  Have you ever had a snakebite black?  Half lager, half hard cider, with a shot of black currant liquer or creme de cassis.  YUM!  I got kinda messed up on those during a semester in the UK.  1 pint would have me very happy, 2 pints would have me stupid, 3 would have me on the floor for a nap.

Did, if you're reading this, I recommend 2.5 pints of that for your wife.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did, if you're reading this, I recommend 2.5 pints of that for your wife.

I have a feeling it would take 3 to do the work of 2.5, nowadays...Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My BIL gave me a bottle of this for my birthday a few weeks ago.  Best gift I got this year!

Nice. Good stuff.