Drinkers with a Running Problem

Anybody else been here? (Read 203 times)

Lazy idiot

McGuire's Irish Pub I had dinner there this past Friday night, and enjoyed their beer sampler (double shot of each of their brews) - Light - Irish Red - Raspberry Ale - Porter - Stout - Scotch Ale I wasn't a huge fan of the Light, it was a bit dry and sparkly for me (almost like a 'beery' champagne), but the rest were fairly excellent. I'd never had a Scotch Ale before, but it was very good. If you're ever in the western edge of Florida's panhandle, I highly recommend this establishment.

Tick tock

I used to go there many years ago (1982 to be exact) when I was stationed in Pensacola in the Navy. - Food was good (lots of it, as I recall) - Beer was cold (wasn't a brewery then.) - Their "Irish Wake" would put you on your a$$ - I put my $1 on the wall - One drunken night, I kissed the moose. Fun place, fun town.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Imminent Catastrophe

I used to go there many years ago (1982 to be exact) when I was stationed in Pensacola in the Navy. - Food was good (lots of it, as I recall) - Beer was cold (wasn't a brewery then.) - Their "Irish Wake" would put you on your a$$ - I put my $1 on the wall - One drunken night, I kissed the moose. Fun place, fun town.
        Me too, I was there, in the Navy, but in 1981! It was either McGuire's or Trader Jon's. Or, occasionally, Evelyn's Grunge Bar, but that was our last option. That was long before the "brewpub" days.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Holy cow, PerfesseR - you just named two more of the regular watering holes! Big grin "The Grunge" certainly lived up to it's name, didn't it? LMAO Trader Jon's was a "must see" as you know, and we saw it a few times. Do you remember a place across the street from Trader Jon's called "Mr G's?" They tried to bill it as a little slice of the PI in PCola - what a hoot. Yeah, no brewpubs in the 80's, but a lot of fun. As I recall, there was an after hours bottle club called The Barrels (I think), too. I saw the sun rise there a couple of times...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright