Drinkers with a Running Problem

Tomorrow (Read 265 times)

will be a write off. I have an old University pal coming for dinner - then off to the pub for a couple of jars. I have not really seen him for 12 years as he went to live in the Czech Republic - he's back now and working in my city! The drinking will be emotional. Menu: Canapes with Veuve Clicquot champagne. Prawns with a delicate white Burgundy (probably a Meursault I think tonight) Moroccan lamb tagine and couscous with a beautifully robust Shiraz. Then pub for some lager and silly drinks. Saturday... I will not be running.

Needs more cowbell!

Wow, are you cooking that menu? Shocked Sounds like it's worth the hangover the next day. Smile

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Wow, are you cooking that menu? Shocked Sounds like it's worth the hangover the next day. Smile
        My best relaxation time is when cooking! (Apart from running of course). I have cooked all of my life - I love food too much not to learn to cook it well!

Needs more cowbell!

Ahhh...very nice. I really like cooking, too, but don't do it much anymore. DS and DH are TERRIBLY picky eaters and I got tired of putting the effort into making something, then ending up eating it all by myself and having leftovers of the same thing for days. If we had a chest freezer I would be more inclined to cook and freeze leftovers, but stuff in our top-mount freezer never seems to last long.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

DoppleBock

will be a write off. I have an old University pal coming for dinner - then off to the pub for a couple of jars. I have not really seen him for 12 years as he went to live in the Czech Republic - he's back now and working in my city! The drinking will be emotional. Menu: Canapes with Veuve Clicquot champagne. Prawns with a delicate white Burgundy (probably a Meursault I think tonight) Moroccan lamb tagine and couscous with a beautifully robust Shiraz. Then pub for some lager and silly drinks. Saturday... I will not be running.
            How was it? I love eating too, but not so much as to cook things that take more than 1 sentence to explain

Retired 1/1/13 

It went according to plan. Food and wine were great. Came home from pub at 0200hrs. Did not run the next day!