Drinkers with a Running Problem

What's your Poison? (Read 458 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a Bell's Oberon right here....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That looks good!!! Here is my list: Beer: Domestic: Yuengling Black & Tan English: Tetley's Wine: Chardonnay: Cuvaison Reserve Merlot: Chateau Margaux Champagne: Perrier Jouet Liquor: Vodka: Staraya Rum: Bacardi Anejo Bourbon: Jack Daniel's Gin: Bombay Sapphire Tequila: Cuervo 1800 Favorite Cocktails: Pimm's Cup Kamikaze Long Island Iced Tea
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
        Vodka and red wine...not together!! off to Keeneland Wednesday for a day of horse racing.. hmm the drink of the day will be...
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

Sluggard

I'm a beer man. I don't have a favorite, but I have a growing list of ones I love -- Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA, Hacker-Pschorr Hefeweisse, to name a few. I'm not a wine guy, but I do like some rieslings and some other whites. As far as the hard stuff goes, I have to stay away from them. I did too much hard drinkin' in my youth. Recently, I had an embarrassing experience at a Star Wars party with a few dozen martinis [only slightly exaggerating] and I still get queasy when I think about it.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Beer: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale JW Dundee's HoneyBrown Downtown Brown But honestly, as long as it's cold, I'm in... Sort-of-beer-esque guilty pleasure: Orange and Lemonade Hooch It's like you're pounding down Orange Crush, baby. Wine: Bold reds like Zinfindel and Cabernet Chianti But honestly, as long as it's red and doesn't have a screw-top, I'm in... Mixed: Martini Manhattan Godmother (1/2 Vodka, 1/2 Amaretto) Margarita Long Island Sangria Mojito

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A nice cold Clipper City ... yumm
              2009: BQ?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But honestly, as long as it's red and doesn't have a screw-top, I'm in...
                You know, some very $$ vinters are starting to use screw tops because they don't deal with the risk of their wine going funky from a bad cork--better quality control. My very favorite dry riesling comes with a screw top...nice, because I always mangle corks trying to get them out of the bottle. k

~ Sarah Kay

I still can't get past the beer phase in life. Miller lite. For mixed drinks (every now and then) though I do like Long Island Iced Tea, or Nuts & Berries...oh, or Oreo Cookie, or Alabama Slammer. Big grin No wine, no shots.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know, some very $$ vinters are starting to use screw tops because they don't deal with the risk of their wine going funky from a bad cork--better quality control.
                    Yeah, I've heard that. It's also true that there are some really good boxed wines out there, too. (And those things last. A good box doesn't allow O2 to get to the wine, so you can nurse that sucker along for a couple of weeks). However, I had to try to maintain the illusion that I have some standards; fact of the matter is...I don't.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I've heard that. It's also true that there are some really good boxed wines out there, too. (And those things last. A good box doesn't allow O2 to get to the wine, so you can nurse that sucker along for a couple of weeks). However, I had to try to maintain the illusion that I have some standards; fact of the matter is...I don't.
                      Ha! Oh, yeah...one of my favorite wines is an Aussie riesling in a box (Hardy's Stamp of Australia Riesling). I think it's about $18 for 3 liters. Cheap for any wine, but it tastes WAY better than a similarly priced wine from a bottle. k

~ Sarah Kay

I used to like MGD ... the champange of beers ... high class ... all the way!
                        2009: BQ?
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I used to like MGD ... the champange of beers ... high class ... all the way!
                          Actually Miller High Life is the Champagne of Beers. I should know -- my uncle has a can of it surgically attached to his left hand. Though I think MGD is made from the same recipe, but cold-filtered instead of pasteurized, so we'll give you partial credit. Wink BTW, MGD is what I bought in college when it was time to get some "good" beer. Smile

Oh....and Rum runner, cosmos, appletini, ohhhh--- mud slides are yummy. I can do some shots...lemon drops are good. I still have to hold my nose when I do a shot. Such a dork. I can shot-gun a beer - YEAH! *gives "tough guy" look*....makes my husband so proud to see me do that (NOT). LOL, but he loves me anyhow. On the count of three.... (my husband, me, our friend Ethan) Hey, I'm drinking Moosehead, hmmm, don't tell my brother I took one of his beers!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How is it that I, Wisconsin girl, have never shotgunned a beer? I tried a beer bong once...that was bad. I ended up with a beer-soaked shirt. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

How is it that I, Wisconsin girl, have never shotgunned a beer? I tried a beer bong once...that was bad. I ended up with a beer-soaked shirt. Tongue k
                                I've never done a beer bong. Shotgunning a beer makes me have to burp, so I always have to hide after doing one. My husband has yet to see me burp like that! ( and I have yet to see him burp...he likes to keep those sort of things for himself)

Michelle