Drinkers with a Running Problem

I am crawling...wish me luck...I miss you all! (Read 120 times)

Hi Friends, I just want to say hello after a long time away from the group I created. (Tear... :-)) I have missed you all. I feel I owe an explanation. In short...after running a marathon at the end of 2006...I took too much time off and just was never able to get back on track...I had also moved to a new state and new job and just was all ways out of sorts. Then, summer of 2007, I converted to vegetarianism and spent a year trying to figure out how to eat with this new diet...made more wrong choices and gained weight and lost running completely. This past summer I battled depression and a few other things I really should pay someone $150 an hour to work through. But, my cautionary tale is changing and I am crawling out of the mist. A few weeks ago, I added fish back into my diet and with the help of a friend started eating better. I joined Golds and started doing the elliptical and treadmill. And...this week...I made it out to the track for the first time in a very long time. Yesterday, I ran/walked around 3 miles...I really am not paying attention to time to much right now. Today, I am happy to report I ran 2 miles straight on the track. Slow...but, I ran them...and it felt great. So, I apologize for not being around for so long. I will make no promises other than I will be running one step at a time. For how can I be a Drinker with a Running Problem...if I do not run. ;-) So, wish me luck! Cheers and Shiraz to all! Norm
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

NORM! Good to have you back!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The voice of mile 18

how's your drinking been Big grin glad you're taking care of yourself. be good and drink up!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Norm!!! I wondered what happened to you and feared the worst! So glad you're A-OK! I will raise a beer in your honor tonite--may this be the re-start of a great running thing! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks friend! Shiraz to you all!!!! I have missed you!!! This weekend I am spending both days working towards my fourth soccer coaching license...so, I will be running around the pitch alot. But, Monday morning...I will be out on the track again running. Woot!!!
            If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden