Drinkers with a Running Problem

Tonight (Read 231 times)

Going to our good friends' wedding today/tonight. Should be a hoot. I have been told by the wife that 'Wedding Dave' is NOT to make an appearance. Picture the movie Wedding Crashers, but with much less tact and grace. That's me. Not that I hit on anyone, but have been known to make a bit of an ass of myself - much to the amusement of our friends, and to the chagrin of my wife (and, from time to time, the authorities). Evil grin What's everyone else up to?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Maybe go to the neighborhood pool and/or grill out. I'm pulling for Wedding Dave...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's up with uptight brides? I would have loved a "Wedding Dave" at our wedding! Those are the fun memories from receptions. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What's up with uptight brides? I would have loved a "Wedding Dave" at our wedding! Those are the fun memories from receptions. Big grin k
          Agreed! My friend, Mark, was HAMMERED at our wedding, and it was HILARIOUS! (plus, um, I AM "that girl" at weddings Big grin ) Tonight: well, after SIX HOURS of MBE testing, I already feel kind of drunk / drugged. I will be doing laundry, reading about greyhounds and GOING TO BED V. Early!!
          2009: BQ?
            A short run. Grilling Salmon for dinner and working out are my plans. Drinking was earlier Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Agreed! My friend, Mark, was HAMMERED at our wedding, and it was HILARIOUS! (plus, um, I AM "that girl" at weddings Big grin )
              Heh...we went to a wedding a few years back where I was silly drunk. I ended up the only female at a table of all of did's HS buddies. At one point the strap on my bra snapped from swing dancing so wildly with one of did's classmates. We also dumped bubble solution in the fountain...good times! That couple ended up divorced and remarried. The groom was a complete crazy guy. Definitely a guy we would hang out with if we lived near him. I'll bet he didn't mind the antics at his wedding, either. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

The wife and I went to a friend of ours wedding last year. It was at a ski resort up in the western mountains of Maine. Since it was July, there were very people outside of those there for the wedding. A core group of us got super-sloshed at the reception. When they shut down the reception bar, about 15 of us (including the bride and groom) headed toward the one of the hotel bars to top off. They saw us coming and locked the door Embarrassed . So we ended the night trading shots in this tiny hotel bar with some Massachusetts yuppie dudes who were up on a golf vacation. I felt bad, the one girl working the bar looked like she was about 15 and was definitely not prepared for our drunken group. Haven't felt that good in awhile! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."