Drinkers with a Running Problem

Themed parties (Read 277 times)

I was wondering. Do you ever throw a themed party? Like... The 80's Country Western Toga Etc. I would like to have a themed party but my husband just rolls his eyes at the thought. STILL, I think I'll do it anyhow. But it has to be safe for kids too, so a "back to nature" party would not work. Big grin What theme parties have you held or gone to? Which was the most fun or worst? And of course there will be beer. Yes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that would be fun. Never been to one, but I'm sure I'd have a blast. A friend of mine years ago did a hillbilly party. Lots of guys in wife beaters and women in Daisy Dukes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A friend of mine years ago did a hillbilly party. Lots of guys in wife beaters and women in Daisy Dukes.
        Here in Alabama, we just call that a party.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

PWL

Has been

We used to have piles of themed parties when I was in the fraternity. I can't remember them all now but our most popular one was always the "What Would You Do For $100?" dance party. Not child appropriate per se, but the house was always full and when the party was over, one could clearly delineate which girls on campus had self-respect and which didn't.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Beach parties are fun...fake Hawaiian skirts and coconut bras...especially on the guys. Limbo stick, rum drinks, Japanese lanterns, watermelon seed spitting contests, etc...good times.
            Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
              We used to have piles of themed parties when I was in the fraternity. I can't remember them all now but our most popular one was always the "What Would You Do For $100?" dance party. Not child appropriate per se, but the house was always full and when the party was over, one could clearly delineate which girls on campus had self-respect and which didn't.
              Okay, this sounds like a party that my brother and my husband would enjoy greatly. It's a shame that I have to say NO to that one. Big grin

Michelle

Beach parties are fun...fake Hawaiian skirts and coconut bras...especially on the guys. Limbo stick, rum drinks, Japanese lanterns, watermelon seed spitting contests, etc...good times.
                I like this idea. This would be safe for the kids too. The kids won't be here the whole night. My plan is that they are gone by 9:00, so then beer pong and flippy cup can begin. Yes

Michelle

Oh, and they love it too. Fun cups, beach balls, big slices of watermelon. I had three babies in five years, I am a master of keeping the kids happy so the grown-ups can have fun. MTA: I am too lame to post a picture.
                    Leftcoast, I checked your profile, and this does not sound anything like what my CFO would do. You are wayyyy cooler than my CFO! Big grin ... and c'mon... you're not lame... post a picture. Jeff

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Leftcoast, I checked your profile, and this does not sound anything like what my CFO would do. You are wayyyy cooler than my CFO! Big grin ... and c'mon... you're not lame... post a picture. Jeff
                      LOL, my staff might not agree with you. I can't post pictures from my office, but I'll see if I can come up with a couple tonight.