Drinkers with a Running Problem

Demise of British Pubs? (Read 196 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've never been there, but this article made me sad. Hope it's not accurate. Hoist One Last Glass Can Britain still be Britain without its pubs?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Plough was my haunt during a semester in London. Glad to see it still appears to be in operation. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

That is so sad, I can't imagine Britain without the pub. Hell, even Heathrow has (maybe had?) a passable pub. Arla

Ex runner

I love that they bring their dogs in the pubs. My favorite pub in London is The Monkey Puzzle Love that place ! Spent the entire day there once when it was pouring.

- Anya

Wow. Just noticed this thread...how very sad! I used to work on cruise ships and for a while my home port was Southampton in England. We spent every port day in The Red Lion Pub...and now I found it is for sale. We should all pitch in and buy it!!! Many a happy memory was made there!
            If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden