Drinkers with a Running Problem

Do you run better the next day after a few? (Read 212 times)

I have a race tomorrow and call me crazy, but I will be having one or two beers tonight. I swear, it helps me run better the next day. Am I alone ?

- Anya

I can hoist a couple the night before with no ill effects. I don't think I could say I run better , but certainly none the worse for wear. I have to be careful, though. I am looong past the days when my metabolism conqured my hangovers. If I go overboard now, I am cursed with the "total body hangover" for the majority of the next day, and I'm not worth s**t to anyone or anything. I do likes me beer...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I can have up to two the night before a race but I really prefer not to. It think it's all in my head but I swear I can feel it the next day if it's a race day, even with just one or two. Confused I'm pathetic.

Michelle

I had 4 last night. Still managed to run a decent 5k. I probably wouldn't have had more than 2 if it was a long run.

- Anya

All business

Well as i see it, there's only one way to find out. Maybe next week you could drink five or six, then give it another try and report back. JakeKnight wrote a nice piece about this subject in this thread which i think will be of interest to many people in this group. paraphrased as:
            X = # of beers permitted the night before a race. Y = length of race Z= hours until race begins Hours and beers are always rounded up; miles are always rounded down. X is always equal to or greater than 1. The specific formula is as follows: X = Z/Y + (10% * Z) + 1
            Maybe that's a good jumping-off point.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Top 'O the World!

Hmmm, I'll try that....meantime, I'm w/Mississippi....one or two the day before I always seem to feel Sad however, straight to the beer tent I be directly afterwards! Big grin
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group