Drinkers with a Running Problem

Zoomie... (Read 376 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, dood. You're good peeps. But I'll not be back. I've contemplated leaving there for a while, now. The recent atmosphere suggesting that "real" runners don't use hydration belts, bring phones, run slowly (gee, like I have a choice in the matter Roll eyes ), or wear skirts just made the decision for me. It's hard to not take that shit personally after a while, since it seems I have more factors that make me feel like an outsider over there than an insider. If it were just that thread I could brush it off, but lately it's become an overwhelming theme--"if you aren't like us, then you're not one of us." Whatevs. I was done with that sort of attitude 20 years ago.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, I'm very sorry you feel that way. You're one of my favorite posters here at RA, so I'm just glad you didn't disappear from the site altogether like Scout and JK.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I'm very sorry you feel that way. You're one of my favorite posters here at RA, so I'm just glad you didn't disappear from the site altogether like Scout and JK.
          Thanks man...back atcha. Nah, I'm not going to leave the entire site in a snit over one group--just leave that group. I'm not a flouncer, just not willing to subject my online reading to stuff that pisses me off. The rest of RA is "safe." Smile

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

well that is just sucky! have a big drink on me zoomers

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

well that is just sucky! have a big drink on me zoomers
              Would another mini-keg of Oberon count? Evil grin I wonder how sick drinking a full one would make me...I think it's equivalent to 14.5 bottles. A half of one of those mini-kegs would likely have me puking my guts out. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

Would another mini-keg of Oberon count? Evil grin I wonder how sick drinking a full one would make me...I think it's equivalent to 14.5 bottles. A half of one of those mini-kegs would likely have me puking my guts out. Tongue
                there's only one way to find out. in the name of science i think you gotta try Dead

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Queen of 3rd Place

Aw, that's no way to treat a yummy beer...bouncing it off the bottom of your stomach like that! If you want to drink 14.5 beers, at least let it be Old Milwaukee or PBR! Arla

Ex runner

Lazy idiot

What's wrong with Old Milwaukee? Evil grin In all honesty, though... it's my favorite beer in the "extremely cheap" category.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's wrong with Old Milwaukee? Evil grin In all honesty, though... it's my favorite beer in the "extremely cheap" category.
                      Heh...I have sort of happy/sad memories of Old Mil from frosh year in college...BIG cups...lotsa fun. Until my stomach decided to turn inside-out after about 3 (I've always been a lightweight). Dead

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Heh...I have sort of happy/sad memories of Old Mil from frosh year in college...BIG cups...lotsa fun. Until my stomach decided to turn inside-out after about 3 (I've always been a lightweight). Dead
                        Drinking is like running. You have to HTFU. Slow down and drink more to build a solid base before you do "speedwork." It sounds like you just need to do more base "mileage", Zoomie.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Drinking is like running. You have to HTFU. Slow down and drink more to build a solid base before you do "speedwork." It sounds like you just need to do more base "mileage", Zoomie.
                          Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It sounds like you just need to do more base "mileage", Zoomie.
                            How is your base-building going, ZZ?

Queen of 3rd Place

Yeah, I mean, how else do you expect to fuel that marathon training. Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How is your base-building going, ZZ?
                                Ha! I've been drinking bloody marys with my mom...you know, getting my booze and veggies in all at once! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay