Drinkers with a Running Problem

Wegmans (Read 760 times)

Prince of Fatness

It's illegal to buy alcohol in another state and bring it into PA?
    Not sure. But from living in Jersey they are very picky about getting cheated on their tax revenue. They could give a crap about whether you drink yourself to death, as long as you paid your taxes on the liquor.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

NH state liquor stores have lower prices than the Maine stores. NH, being the smarter than the average bear folks they are, insure that they have a state liquor outlet near all border crossings with Maine. To counter this, the Maine state police have, at times, taken to have an officer parked in the NH store's lot to observe who's loading up their trunk with larger than allowed amounts, and forwarding that info to their partners on the Maine side of the border. They then stop the intrepid shopper (and tax avoider) and ticket / tax them. It is pretty funny, a lot of spy-vs-spy type stuff all about liquor taxes.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The voice of mile 18

Wait. Seriously?
        yeah it's all about the tax revenue from wiki Liquor Enforcement Officers have the power and the duty to arrest, on view, except in private homes, without a warrant, any person having unlawful possession of, or actually engaged in the unlawful sale, importation, manufacture, or transportation of liquor alcohol or malt or brewed beverages in violation of the provisions of the PA Liquor Code or other Commonwealth laws http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Liquor_Control_Board if I buy in NJ I avoid paying PA it's cut and they don't want their monopoly damaged. every once in a while they crack down hard on folks and it makes the news.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Jazz hands!

That's crazy. I once did the same sort of thing in CO / UT, in the desert, except I was mostly afraid we wouldn't be able to buy beer in UT. And no one stopped me.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run

The voice of mile 18

That's crazy. I once did the same sort of thing in CO / UT, in the desert, except I was mostly afraid we wouldn't be able to buy beer in UT. And no one stopped me.
            you're an outlaw please turn yourself in to the authorities

Jazz hands!

you're an outlaw please turn yourself in to the authorities
              Only if the authorities will meet me in town at noon for a showdown. This is the West after all. We are lawless and stuff.
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Only if the authorities will meet me in town at noon for a showdown. This is the West after all. We are lawless and stuff.
                Will this involve assless chaps? 'Cause that would be worthy of a photo op.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Will this involve assless chaps? 'Cause that would be worthy of a photo op.
                  Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that -- that'd been right through the nose.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that -- that'd been right through the nose.
                    And that HURTS (especially if it's carbonated)! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Another beer and food sampling at Wegmans last weekend.

The surprise was Lindemans Kriek Lambic.  They poured it over lemon sorbet.  I didn't think I would like it but it was pretty good.

Not at it at all. 

The voice of mile 18

Another beer and food sampling at Wegmans last weekend.

The surprise was Lindemans Kriek Lambic.  They poured it over lemon sorbet.  I didn't think I would like it but it was pretty good.

beer makes everything taste better - try it w/ rice krispies tomorrow at breakfast

Prince of Fatness

Yippee, another beer and food pairing event at Wegmans....

Click

Not at it at all.