Drinkers with a Running Problem

Blue Moon: Full Moon Winter Ale (Read 380 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Haven't had the pleasure, but now it's on my list.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

WHAT?!? I love their Belgian White...
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Excellent, I agree. I give it 3 snaps in z-formation. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

y'all know it's made by coors, right?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

y'all know it's made by coors, right?
                Funny you should mention that. I just discovered that a few days ago. But the bottles say it's brewed in Canada, so I'm wondering if Coors bought Blue Moon at some point, kinda like Miller bought Leinenkugel...? No matter, it's still tasty. k

~ Sarah Kay

Really? Brewed in Canada? Then, why the hell can't I find it anywhere?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Really? Brewed in Canada? Then, why the hell can't I find it anywhere?
                    That IS bizarre... Here's what the label says: Abbey ale brewed with a hint of dark Belgian sugar • Brewed by BMBC, Toronto, Canada • ©2007 Imported by Blue Moon Brewing Company, Golden Co So it's actually imported by BM. I wonder if all BM brews are imported...and brewed elsewhere...as if BM is just a label and not a "true" brewery. k

~ Sarah Kay

Here's what the masses say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer) It sounds like there have been a number of mergers/corporate takeovers.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's what the masses say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer) It sounds like there have been a number of mergers/corporate takeovers.
                        Coors does not actively advertise the fact that the brew is owned by Coors on the belief that being associated with a major national brewery would diminish its credibility among aficionados.
                        'tis probably true. I'm not sure I would have ever tried any Blue Moon brews if I thought there were a connection to Coors...Coors is nasty.

~ Sarah Kay

That IS bizarre... Here's what the label says: Abbey ale brewed with a hint of dark Belgian sugar • Brewed by BMBC, Toronto, Canada • ©2007 Imported by Blue Moon Brewing Company, Golden Co So it's actually imported by BM. I wonder if all BM brews are imported...and brewed elsewhere...as if BM is just a label and not a "true" brewery. k
                          Well, f^ck me!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dave, do you suppose it goes by a different name near you?

~ Sarah Kay

I am sure as hell gonna find out. In a somewhat related note, I enjoyed two fine ales this past weekend: i) Palmetto Pale Ale (Charleston Brewing Company, Charleston, SC) and ii) Upper Canada Dark Ale (Sleeman Brewing, Guelph ON). Delicious.