Drinkers with a Running Problem

'Tis the Season! (Read 429 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...to get your drink on! (says the chick who finished a half bottle of riesling and is heading to bed)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I like booze (says the girl guzzling the pumpkin beer). 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Have a safe, fun, booze-soaked Turkey Day, everyone (says the dude who plans to eat and drink everything in sight tomorrow)!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have a safe, fun, booze-soaked Turkey Day, everyone (says the dude who plans to eat and drink everything in sight tomorrow)!

Done.  Part deux will likely be tonite.  We had a LOT of beer and wine last night...and many silly adults asleep by about 10pm local time.

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

And also the season for hot toddies   I'm about to fix one up for myself.

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And also the season for hot toddies   I'm about to fix one up for myself.

Almost makes getting a cold a good thing!

~ Sarah Kay

I am not an egg nog fan but my brother suggested I try Land o' Lakes egg nog.  I did... mixed it with cognac and I have found my crack.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am not an egg nog fan but my brother suggested I try Land o' Lakes egg nog.  I did... mixed it with cognac and I have found my crack.

Good bad to know!  I knew a woman who made "rocketfuel" eggnog.  It was basically store-bought egg nog with like every hard liquor known to man.  Sounds good to me! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I usually use brandy in my store bought egg-nog.  I may have to give cognac a try. 

I'm thinking of trying to make "real" eggnog this year for the first time. Anyone have a good recipe?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I usually do brandy too, but I was at my brothers and he was all out, and only had cognac.  I do not discriminate, so I tried it.  And now I have to buy cognac.

Michelle

Prince of Fatness

I welcome the cold weather, because that means 'tis the season for a nice stout.  A couple of my favorites are Weyerbacher Old Heathen and Lancaster Milk Stout.  Yum.  You can't beat a fire in the fireplace and a growler full of stout.

Not at it at all. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Stout for the appetizer, egg nog for the main course!

OK, here's my favorite recipe. Not for the faint of heart.

For the desired final volume:   

One part egg nog

One part booze of choice (could get pricey if you insist on cognac)

Place in cool dark place until next year.

Goes down way too easy...

Ex runner

Company Christmas party last night........5 or 6 beers (Dogfish Head and O'Dell's....YUM)  during festivities and then a Manhattan with friends "after hours"....'tis the season indeed.  Surprisingly, my 9-miler this morning felt great.  That almost NEVER happens after a night of libations.

Cheers, everyone!  Have a happy and safe holiday season.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Surprisingly, my 9-miler this morning felt great.  That almost NEVER happens after a night of libations.

I had a hangover when I PRed at my last half marathon.  Just sayin'. 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Goddamn...egg nog + Bacardi Select = pure boozy calorie-dense goodness!

I need to make my own egg nog someday.  The ingredients of the stuff from the store are great--except for the high fructose corn-syrup.  I could probably take my standard frozen custard base and toss in some nutmeg...that would be just as tasty and not skeeve me out so much from the gloppy sweetener.

~ Sarah Kay