Drinkers with a Running Problem

um, beer mile nyc? (Read 396 times)

is there one? if my friend jess and i organize one in january, you wanna come?

The voice of mile 18

I'm familiar with those words but not together. what does this event entail?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Is this where you run a mile on a track with 1 beer per lap?

sean

Is this where you run a mile on a track with 1 beer per lap?
          yes, yes it is. and run penalty laps if you puke before your mile is complete.

The voice of mile 18

wow two of my favorite things together. sounds like sick fun Dead

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn...how do I finance such a trip...OMG, that would be fun! Know what would be even better? Finding friends in Florida or south TX who could arrange such a race that time of the year! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

right now the trickiest thing is finding a track that allows public consumption of alcohol!

The voice of mile 18

you'd ask permission for this?

I've never done this before, but it sounds like fun, except for the penalty lap thing, that might be rough. So I'd probably be in. I get up to NYC from DC fairly regularly and I'm toying with the idea of running enough NYRR races in 2008 to qualify for NYC Marathon 2009. A long term plan, I know, but it could be fun. I know there are lots of people in here from Pennsylvania, so maybe somewhere more central to all of us could be arranged?

sean

The voice of mile 18

hell this is probably legal in new jersey - why not do it there?

On On

Putting together a beer mile in NJ this weekend. There will actually be two. One Saturday at 3:00pm and one Sunday at 11:00am. Two totally unrelated groups both doing their beer miles the same weekend. Both are taking place in Morris County if people want more info.

The voice of mile 18

11AM on sunday sounds tempting just so I can go to church afterwards Evil grin

Prince of Fatness

Putting together a beer mile in NJ this weekend.
                            Damn. I'm in Warren County, probably not too far. Alas, busy all weekend and can't make it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why do you people need sanctioning, crowds and a destination to do this? Are there no tracks near where you live? No beer stores?

an amazing likeness

hell this is probably legal in new jersey - why not do it there?
                                In NJ it is probably a 'beer, smoke and holstered gun' mile.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.