Drinkers with a Running Problem

Fall beers (Read 278 times)

Samuel Adams OktoberFest delivers... Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale, not so much.
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Samuel Adams OktoberFest delivers...
      Word.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

On On

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Ale brewed with Pumpkin and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves) Also 8% abv.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Ale brewed with Pumpkin and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves) Also 8% abv.
          Sounds awesome. Too bad the retarded state where I live doesn't sell beer above 6% ABV. Angry

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

100% agree - good stuff. Sam Octoberfest is a keeper in my book, too. My favorite of his seasonals. Another good PA brew is Appalachian Brewery's Mountain Lager. Perfect for those crisp autumn days and evenings. Of course, the "Old Faithful" of October - Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen - should always have a mention in any Fall Beer list.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

an amazing likeness

Gritty's Halloween Ale. Very, very good on a cold, windy evening, or Saturday night.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, those Sam Octoberfests are mighty tasty. This season I've had some Saranac and Victory Octoberfest, which were also very good. I've tried a few of the pumpkin ales, but really didn't like them much. MTA: Long Trail Harvest Brown Ale .... also very good

Not at it at all. 

Yeah, those Sam Octoberfests are mighty tasty. This season I've had some Saranac and Victory Octoberfest, which were also very good. I've tried a few of the pumpkin ales, but really didn't like them much. MTA: Long Trail Harvest Brown Ale .... also very good
                  Long Trail puts out some good products. I like Victory Octoberfest, and their lager is really tasty, too. Another good Brown Ale IMHO is Sam Adams' Brown Ale. People turn their noses up at SA, saying they're a macrobrew, sold out, yadda yadda... but, you know what? Good is good, and Jim Koch's Brown Ale is just plain good. In fact, I think his entire Brewmaster Collection is worthy of compliments.

On On

Had the Sam Adams OFest last night. Very good. Not great, like OMG I have to have another one of those, but good, definitely drinkable. I was able to drink down three or so. Never had Victory's October beers. I like their winter one though. I can't remember the name off hand and don't feel like going out to their site right now. Another good one from PA, Stoudts. Great ESB, Maison and others. Been out to their brewery/restaurant too and met the brewmaster. SHE is very nice and was pleasant to talk to about all her beers.
                      Up here in the midwest, we are big fans of Summit Oktoberfest, too. I have a case of the Sam and a case of the Summit right now. Always a fan of fall beers.

"I aim to misbehave."

Never had Victory's October beers. I like their winter one though. I can't remember the name off hand and don't feel like going out to their site right now.
                        Perhaps St. Victorius (Dopplebock) or Storm King (Russian Imperial Stout?) You're not gonna go wrong with either of those. Stoudts is a quality brewery, too. Had a number of their offerings, all praiseworthy. Haven't been to the brewery, and I need to get off my a$$ and do so.

I want some pumpkin beer pronto ! email me some !

- Anya

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Mmmmm... What to have with dinner tonight? (pasta & meatballs) Smuttynose Robust Porter, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, or Sam's Octoberfest? Decisions, decisions...

On On

Storm King (Russian Imperial Stout?)
                              Definitely the Storm King. I guess I like those Imperial Brews.
                              PWL

Has been

Gritty's Halloween Ale. Very, very good on a cold, windy evening, or Saturday night.
                                I agree. I'm enjoying their Black Fly Stout right now.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."