Drinkers with a Running Problem

Tomorrow (Read 265 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

will be a write off. I have an old University pal coming for dinner - then off to the pub for a couple of jars. I have not really seen him for 12 years as he went to live in the Czech Republic - he's back now and working in my city! The drinking will be emotional. Menu: Canapes with Veuve Clicquot champagne. Prawns with a delicate white Burgundy (probably a Meursault I think tonight) Moroccan lamb tagine and couscous with a beautifully robust Shiraz. Then pub for some lager and silly drinks. Saturday... I will not be running.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, are you cooking that menu? Shocked Sounds like it's worth the hangover the next day. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Wow, are you cooking that menu? Shocked Sounds like it's worth the hangover the next day. Smile
        My best relaxation time is when cooking! (Apart from running of course). I have cooked all of my life - I love food too much not to learn to cook it well!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...very nice. I really like cooking, too, but don't do it much anymore. DS and DH are TERRIBLY picky eaters and I got tired of putting the effort into making something, then ending up eating it all by myself and having leftovers of the same thing for days. If we had a chest freezer I would be more inclined to cook and freeze leftovers, but stuff in our top-mount freezer never seems to last long.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DoppleBock

will be a write off. I have an old University pal coming for dinner - then off to the pub for a couple of jars. I have not really seen him for 12 years as he went to live in the Czech Republic - he's back now and working in my city! The drinking will be emotional. Menu: Canapes with Veuve Clicquot champagne. Prawns with a delicate white Burgundy (probably a Meursault I think tonight) Moroccan lamb tagine and couscous with a beautifully robust Shiraz. Then pub for some lager and silly drinks. Saturday... I will not be running.
            How was it? I love eating too, but not so much as to cook things that take more than 1 sentence to explain

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

It went according to plan. Food and wine were great. Came home from pub at 0200hrs. Did not run the next day!