Drinkers with a Running Problem

I'm in. (Read 331 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

About once or twice a month I stop by my friendly local brewpub. It's conveniently located between work and home (3 mi from work and 1 from home) - so how can I resist? Like many brewpubs, they have a mug club. You know, buy a $700, 22 oz mug and you get a free fill-up per visit. I figured I needed that like I needed cirrhosis, so I've resisted thus far. Turns out one of the regulars is moving outta town. Offered his mug to me for $400. mmmMM? Ha that's funny sez I, do you take VISA? He hands me his card and tells me to send a check. Uh-oh. Arla

Ex runner

That sounds cool, but a ridiculous amount of money. I used to live near a brew pub, and you could purchase a "growler" for $25 bucks, and we used to go there all the time to get a refill, to bring back home. True, we had to pay for the beer, but it held a lot of brew. Good brew too. Man, I miss that. I'd walk my dog up there, tie her up outside, get a refill, and walk back home. Why didn't I realize how good was back then?

- Anya

Prince of Fatness

Yeah 400 bucks is steep. If a beer is 5 bucks that means you need to go 80 times to break even. If you could drink two or three for each visit maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Those growlers are a good deal. The local brewery here (not a pub) sells them for 3 bucks. Getting it filled is between 9 - 15 bucks, depending on what you get. Not too bad for 4 pints of fresh draft beer.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Queen of 3rd Place

At $400 it pays for itself pretty quickly if you go even twice a month. You also get food discounts and what-not, but considering that a pint is $4.50 a $400 members 22 oz mug ain't so bad. Growlers might be a better deal, but I go to shoot the shit as well. It's a proper neighborhood bar, very friendly, and I'm still a newbie in the city. If you can call Fresno a city. Arla

Ex runner

Did I mention how cool it was to be able to walk to the brew pub and fill your growler? Next house for sure, will be within walking distance to a brew pub. There is nothing better. Especially a brew pub that has great food. But, at least where I live now, I can walk to an Irish Pub. That's not too shabby.

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I am within about a mile of an ice cream stand and a Dog-n-suds...but a brew pub would be better. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

The place I go to get my growler filled is just a brewery. No food. But I do get to throw back a few samples of beer while the growler gets filled. Heh, the last time I went I told them I couldn't decide between 2 beers. They asked if I tried either of them. I told them I did, a week ago, but I have a short memory. Out came a couple of samples. Good times.

Not at it at all. 

Hmmm...I am within about a mile of an ice cream stand and a Dog-n-suds...but a brew pub would be better. Big grin
                  Dog-n-suds sounds promising ! That is, but they probably have domestic beer only. Hey, I've been known to kick back whatever's wet. Especially when I'm counting points. Which I am, again, unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dog-n-suds sounds promising ! That is, but they probably have domestic beer only.
                    Yes...root beer. Not beer beer. Wink But it IS very good root beer, I must say. And their french fries and onion rings are fabulous, as are their pork BBQ sammiches.

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

Dog-n-suds sounds promising ! That is, but they probably have domestic beer only. Hey, I've been known to kick back whatever's wet. Especially when I'm counting points. Which I am, again, unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I definitely though a dog-n-suds would be a dog grooming place.
                      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I definitely though a dog-n-suds would be a dog grooming place.
                        Ooh, a dog grooming place with beer! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here is our Dog-n-Suds location. It's fun to go on Summer Thursday nights, which is traditionally the night that people with classic cars cruise to the restaurant. They have car-hop service. So fun. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Man, onion rings, hot dogs and rootbeer sound good right now. Especially the onion rings!!!

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

Yes...root beer. Not beer beer. Wink But it IS very good root beer, I must say. And their french fries and onion rings are fabulous, as are their pork BBQ sammiches.
                              The suds aren't beer? Well that's just false advertising! Tongue Arla

Ex runner