Drinkers with a Running Problem

Good to know, you know... (Read 316 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Queen of 3rd Place

That IS good to know! Especially since no one can find the list of marathons that have beer at the finish. The Healdsburg Half Marathon (next month, in the CA wine country) has a wine glass in the race packet, good for tasting at the wine festival following the race. That's a close second. Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know, RA could start a list of races with beer at the finish. I know that the Grand Rapids Marathon has it (rumor has it a late aid station on the full course has beer, too), as does Milwaukee (well, duh...it's Milwaukee! Big grin).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

New Haven Labor Day 20K/5K - Red Hook at the finish!

Queen of 3rd Place

Someone just posted about the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach! http://www.shamrockmarathon.com/site3.aspx Dang, I really want one on the Left Coast. Arla

Ex runner

Not a certified course, but the 5K and 12 mile runs at the Rutabaga Festival in Cumberland, WI finish at the beer garden. You don't get free beer, but the taps are literally 20 yards from the finish line. Our rule is if you beat your goal time, you get beer!

"I aim to misbehave."

Top 'O the World!

I think most of the St Patty's races feature beer tents @ the end.... Definitely had beer after the Colorado Marathon, Ft Collins http://www.ftcollinsmarathon.com/ & the Colfax Marathon lists the Breckenridge Brewery as a sponsor Wink http://www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org/portal/Home/tabid/56/Default.aspx the Boulder Backroads Mary however, did not have the traditional beer tent Sad many folks disappointed
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Memphis Marathon has all the Coors Light you can stomach in the food area. (And doughnuts, hot chocolate, McAllister's soup, Domino's pizza, Coke/Diet Coke, Powerade) Definitely the tops that I've experienced for post race refreshments. KDF Louisville mini/Marathon gives you a ticket for a single drink--I think only Mic Ultra Flying Pig had a festival outside the finishers' area where you had to pay for beer OBX Marathon had "beer samples" but the festival with the real selection required $$.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon has all the microbrewed Yazoo beer you care to enjoy (along with loads of home-baked goodies) in the finishers' area.
                      Fixed that for you.
                        Fixed that for you.
                        Well, I cannot personally vouch for beer that I haven't personally drank.