Drinkers with a Running Problem

Early Pumpkin Beers (Read 29 times)

Prince of Fatness

I know that it has been discussed before, but WTF?

http://www.beerpulse.com/2014/06/southern-tier-pumking-kicks-off-2014-summer-pumpkin-beer-season-3298/

Personally, I am boycotting all pumpkin beers until late August.  If they sell out before I get any then so be it.  It's summertime now, FFS.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Mmmmm.....Pumking. I do tend to think of these beers as Fall beers.  Summer does seem a bit early.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Whodat, have I sent you Weyerbacher's pumpkin beer? If not I will add it to the list.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Whodat, have I sent you Weyerbacher's pumpkin beer? If not I will add it to the list.

I have not had the Weyerbacher pumpkin. It seems like pumpkin beers can really be hit or miss.  I've only had a couple that I've really liked. I've had several that I thought were pretty awful.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

It seems to have a big following here.  I'll send you one.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've had Weyerbacher's Aries pumpkin beer and it was pretty good.

My favorite pumpkin beers are Southern Tier's Pumking and Warlock, which is a stout brewed with pumpkins. Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale would be a close second. The Bier Brewery here in Indianapolis has an excellent Pumpkin Ale and they also make a Pumpkin Porter that I'd like to try.

Flat12's Flat Jack Pumpkin Ale tastes like ass. Hoppin' Frog's BA Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin was very disappointing as well.

Prince of Fatness

I've had Weyerbacher's Aries pumpkin beer and it was pretty good..

That was a 50 / 50 blend of their pumpkin beer and their imperial stout.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That was a 50 / 50 blend of their pumpkin beer and their imperial stout.

Ah. I had forgotten that. It was similar to Southern Tier's Warlock.

gusgordon

Christ.  I do enjoy Pumking.  Guess I'll buy a couple of bottles now and let them age until the proper season.  Everybody better get ready for Christmas ales in August!

Prince of Fatness

Southern Tier's Warlock.

That was plentiful on shelves here for quite some time last year.  Never pulled the trigger for whatever reason.  I'll put it on my list for this year.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Pumking and Warlock are out now. Just sayin.

Feeling the growl again

Great....moth, flame...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Have seen these at Wegman's.  Should buy me a bottle of Warlock just so that I can say that I tried it I suppose.  Will probably pass on the Pumking.  I am not going to have a pumpkin beer until September (although I have had a small sample already);

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Joann Y

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between pumpkin beers and Oktoberfest? Had a couple good Oktoberfest this weekend by Goose Island and Half Acre. Yum.