Drinkers with a Running Problem

Wine vs. Beer (Read 349 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

George Thoorgood: "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" and "If You Don't Start Drinking, I'm Gonna Leave." If hanging with Jimmy Buffet means laid-back good times, then hanging with George Thoorgood means you better have an iron liver, because it is on.
    It's Scotch. Surprised you missed that one you Scottish cheesehead. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I may be part Scot, but I'm more Cheesehead. We're brandy and beer drinkers! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mmm...brandy...

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mmm...brandy...
          Impressive. Most impressive. I usually break out the brandy for my eggnog, but it's clear that for Wisconsites, brandy isn't just for breakfast anymore. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Impressive. Most impressive. I usually break out the brandy for my eggnog, but it's clear that for Wisconsites, brandy isn't just for breakfast anymore. Clowning around
            Brandy and Baklava--breakfast of champions! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Brandy and Baklava--breakfast of champions!
              It never ceases to amaze me what direction threads go. Who would have ever guessed looking at a thread entitled "Wine vs. Beer" that somehow, we'd end up at Brandy and Baklava? Priceless. Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There are so many baklava posts/threads on RA...it's not even funny! There's one in the Nutrition/Health forum and at least one in the recipes group...I'm sure there are other references, too... baklava... k

~ Sarah Kay

I drink wine, beer and liquor, but seldom iin moderation. One thing I do insist on is quality. I tend to prefer my wine with food. Hard to beat a rare, grilled striploin with a nice cabernet sauvignon, Californian Zinfandel or Italian Barolo. Then again, I love sausages (or brats for our mid-west friends) on a bun with hot mustard and 'kraut and a cold Heineken, Guinness or Blue Moon (if it is available, which is rare). And, there is no greater thing in the world that opening a new bottle of single malt scotch and having it neat with the old man. I'll drink what I am served or whatever is on the go - provided it is good...
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There are so many baklava posts/threads on RA...it's not even funny! There's one in the Nutrition/Health forum and at least one in the recipes group...I'm sure there are other references, too... baklava...
                    It seems to come up often enough that I wonder if it isn't your goal, at least subconsciously, to somehow eventually twist all threads to baklava. Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It seems to come up often enough that I wonder if it isn't your goal, at least subconsciously, to somehow eventually twist all threads to baklava. Tongue
                      Baklava and running skirts.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I drink wine, beer and liquor, but seldom in moderation. One thing I do insist on is quality...I'll drink what I am served or whatever is on the go - provided it is good...
                        So basically, you drink a lot, so it had better be good. Quantity and quality. I like it!