Drinkers with a Running Problem

beer of the month club (Read 18 times)

god hates us all

My DW signed me up for the Rare Beer and Domestic/International Clubs for xmas.  Just received the first "rare" shipment of two 750ml bottles.

A Grand Teton Bourbon Barrel-Aged Black Cauldron Imperial Stout. and a Scaldis Triple from the Belgian Dubuisson/Bush/Scaldis brewery.  Sorry no beer report, I'll put these away for now as I always feel like there needs to be some occasion to open the 750ml bottles.  I'll probably drink the Triple soon because I recently splurged on a few bottles of Trappistes Rochefort 10 (sweet, sweet nectar) and they might be interesting to compare.

Anyone else do these beer clubs?

Prince of Fatness

I always feel like there needs to be some occasion to open the 750ml bottles.

Thirst?  Seriously a fun thing to do with bombers is sharing.  Get a few guys together and each bring a couple of bombers.  It's a good way to sample different (usually rare or limited release types of)  beer.  I'd rather have a few 4 - 5 ounce pours from several bombers than drink one myself.

Never been in one of those beer clubs, although it could be argued that I am in an unofficial beer club.

Not at it at all. 

god hates us all

ha... more of an occasion than thirst, or "it's past noon".  I keep a fridge full of lesser beers for those occasions.

I agree though, I'll collect a few of these special brews to share with friends.

I'm sure the beer club is overpriced but it was a gift so I'm not complaining.  Distribution here in WV is pretty limited so it's easy to run out of new things to try.  This will spice things up a bit.

Thirst?  Seriously a fun thing to do with bombers is sharing.  Get a few guys together and each bring a couple of bombers.  It's a good way to sample different (usually rare or limited release types of)  beer.  I'd rather have a few 4 - 5 ounce pours from several bombers than drink one myself.

Never been in one of those beer clubs, although it could be argued that I am in an unofficial beer club.

Feeling the growl again

+1.  Awesome times with good friends.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills