Drinkers with a Running Problem

I love beer (Read 353 times)

Any verdict on the Otter Creek?
    Not nuts about it, but hey, you live and learn, and Otter had been on my list of breweries to try. My sampler had a copper ale, which did taste coppery, almost like I had pennies in my mouth. Nothing to write home about. A porter, which was pretty good. Also, white Sail (or some color sail) Belgian style, which was kind of weak/watery tasting. Wife not big on them either. That said, there's only a couple left. I did take 12 to my dad's. So now I have to pick up something for the Super Bowl. Hmmm. A Sam Adams or a Brooklyn brewery offering? I dunno: I'm not invested in either team. Just watching for good plays & commercials. Maybe a PA beer. There certainly are lots of good PA options.
      My sampler had a copper ale, which did taste coppery, almost like I had pennies in my mouth. Nothing to write home about. A porter, which was pretty good. Also, white Sail (or some color sail) Belgian style, which was kind of weak/watery tasting. Wife not big on them either. I didn't mind the copper ale at all - to each his own. I liked the porter, too. When I read your comment, I remembered the Belgian stye (White Sail) and recalled that I wasn't real impressed with it, either. Pretty bland. I finished up my Flying Dog mixed case during the SB. Separated out the amber lagers and porters and enjoyed them throughout the game. Now that they're moving their entire operation to Frederick, MD it should be more available, which is a good thing in my book. Definitely close enough to me for a tour, too.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright