Drinkers with a Running Problem

Great Divide Espresso oak aged yeti (Read 28 times)

Feeling the growl again

I drank the Oatmeal.  It was very good; not quite the oatmeal flavor of some I have tasted.  Definitely looking forward to the others I have stashed.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Damn this is some potent stuff...bottled 1/9/13...needs some time to come together in the bottle, but all the components of a great beer are there..glad I have another bomber to try in the future

Got around to drinking mine yesterday.  Coffee was subdued but present.  Oakey.  Very good.  If I had to do it again I would drink it a bit fresher, but real real good.

Not at it at all. 

Got around to drinking mine yesterday.  Coffee was subdued but present.  Oakey.  Very good.  If I had to do it again I would drink it a bit fresher, but real real good.

glad you enjoyed it. That's the drawback of big coffee beers sometimes, the coffee tends to drop off pretty fast. When I tried it the coffee was strong but the beer was hot and a bit of a mess

Prince of Fatness

glad you enjoyed it. That's the drawback of big coffee beers sometimes, the coffee tends to drop off pretty fast. When I tried it the coffee was strong but the beer was hot and a bit of a mess

I haven't had a yeti that I have not enjoyed.  As a whole I like most of the beer that Great Divide puts out.

I have been trying to get through my coffee beer inventory as I have found that aging them too long most of the coffee flavor disappears.  I am trying to keep it under a year going forward.  Compared to drinking them fresh it is amazing how much of that flavor is lost over time.

Still have an oak aged and an oatmeal so I am not yetiless.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Interesting, I usually look for Yeti's that are out of date, especially the coffee ones. Also, I prefer them room temperature.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Interesting, I usually look for Yeti's that are out of date, especially the coffee ones. Also, I prefer them room temperature.

Generally, I agree, but I have found that there is a big drop off in the coffee flavor after a year or so.  If I buy a coffee beer, I want to taste coffee.  For me somewhere around 6 - 12 months seems to be the sweet spot between too much coffee and losing it all.

Also agree on drinking them warm.  I keep my beer in the basement and in the winter time I grab stouts right from there without chilling them and it is perfect.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Also agree on drinking them warm.  I keep my beer in the basement and in the winter time I grab stouts right from there without chilling them and it is perfect.

I had the Oatmeal Yeti last night and agree fully. Pulled it from the fridge which is in the garage and we've had some cold temps lately. First sip wasn't right so I let it sit a bit and once it warmed up it was a treat. Looking forward to other Yeti's.

Definitely porter and stout weather.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I need to drink that 2012 Espresso Yeti I have before it loses all it's coffee.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Okay, so a day you get your car totaled by some idiot is a good day to start cracking upon bombers.  I opened the Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti.  Very good, 4/5, would have bumped to a 4.5 except that I felt the oak was a bit heavy over the chocolate.

I am now Yeti-less.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I need to drink that 2012 Espresso Yeti I have before it loses all it's coffee.

Had this today. Bottled 12-2012. Still plenty of coffee. Nice coffee bitterness, some oak and vanilla, a bit of chocolate and anise. No alcohol burn. Very tasty.

I also have a 2012 Oak Aged Yeti and a 2013 Chocolate Yeti.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

My buddy I stay with in Denver lives a couple blocks from Great Divide. Not really relevant to anything, just thought I'd throw that in there. One more month of no buying...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Espresso Oak Aged Yeti will be out again soon.  Not sure if I will buy it as I have so much beer.  If I do I will try it fresh this time.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/01/great-divide-launches-espresso-oak-aged.html

The others sound interesting.  I have a bottle of Old Ruffian from a year or two ago.  Have not yet tried the Orabelle.  Hmmm.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I missed 2013. Any of it still out on the shelves? I would be interested in a bomber of the 2014.

Prince of Fatness

I missed 2013. Any of it still out on the shelves? I would be interested in a bomber of the 2014.

Have not seen 2013 in months.  Long gone, me thinks.  I can pick you up a 2014 if you wish.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey