Drinkers with a Running Problem

What's the most you've spent on one bottle of booze? (Read 407 times)

The voice of mile 18

just reading reviews of some "bargain" wines under $150 and can't imagine spending that much one single bottle of wine except for the one occassion where I bought a bottle of dom perignon (spell?) for a friend who finally completed his doctorate after many, many, many years. think my limits is $30-40 for a christmas gift bottle of scotch for good friends nothing over $20 for wine

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

did had a bottle of Talisker Scotch...I think that might be the most expensive beverage we've ever had. Wait, I think maybe that was his folks' bottle. Hmmm...maybe the Glenlivet, then.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wait, I think maybe that was his folks' bottle.
        The best expensive booze is the kind that belongs to someone else.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes...especially if they share. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jdmcgregor

All business

Oh man, i had a few nips of my buddy's Johnny Walker Blue ($100/bottle at the duty free in San Diego). Delicious. Coincidentally, (though it's not booze per se) i finallly tasted the Dogfish 120 last night (20% abv). http://www.bov.ch/labels/USA/usa-dogfish-head-120-minute-imperial-ipa.jpg I got a bottle at Sam's Liquor for $10 (12 oz bottle). It was hoppy to say the least. Definitely drinkable, but too strong to want more than "on occation". Probably the most i've ever paid for a beer, but worth a try.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Coincidentally, (though it's not booze per se) i finallly tasted the Dogfish 120 last night (20% abv). http://www.bov.ch/labels/USA/usa-dogfish-head-120-minute-imperial-ipa.jpg I got a bottle at Sam's Liquor for $10 (12 oz bottle). It was hoppy to say the least. Definitely drinkable, but too strong to want more than "on occation". Probably the most i've ever paid for a beer, but worth a try.
              I really like the 90 Minute...not sure that I'd want to spend more for the 120. I have a feeling I wouldn't like it as well. My brother likes it, but he's a serious hop-aholic.

~ Sarah Kay

I have had a 1986 Chateau Margaux (Bordeaux), a 1990 Chateau Montrose and a Hermitage La Chapelle Paul Jaboulet 1985 - the most expensive being about $1,400 CAD in a restaurant, the least about $450. Not that I was paying...
                  I was once given a bottle of Petrus Pomerol. About a decade ago. Think it was then priced @ $200 in PA. Age unsure, but I have the bottle, so I can check and update (keeping bottle to dupe idiots someday.) Couldn't believe wine was so spendy. T'was good. Worth that much? No. But, t'was good, very good. Generally, my big splurge is on a birthday Scotch, at @ $60ish. Lasts a long time.

Queen of 3rd Place

Almost as good as a friend buying is appreciation! I have had two vintage ports that were about $25 when I bought them and hundreds when I consumed them. Cool Arla

Ex runner

We have a guy at work who lives < 2 miles from the office. he built a very nice bar in his basement. i have yet to see a restaurant bar stocked as well. he has his bar meticulously organized by type of liquor, down to scotch, irish, bourbon, etc... he always has a bottle of glenlivet, absinthe, a bunch of wacky liquours... me, personally, $25 on my own, $75 at a restaurant. why oh why has trent not weighed in on this thread? :-? 2="" miles="" from="" the="" office.="" he="" built="" a="" very="" nice="" bar="" in="" his="" basement.="" i="" have="" yet="" to="" see="" a="" restaurant="" bar="" stocked="" as="" well.="" he="" has="" his="" bar="" meticulously="" organized="" by="" type="" of="" liquor,="" down="" to="" scotch,="" irish,="" bourbon,="" etc...="" he="" always="" has="" a="" bottle="" of="" glenlivet,="" absinthe,="" a="" bunch="" of="" wacky="" liquours...="" me,="" personally,="" $25="" on="" my="" own,="" $75="" at="" a="" restaurant.="" why="" oh="" why="" has="" trent="" not="" weighed="" in="" on="" this="" thread?="" :-?=""></ 2 miles from the office. he built a very nice bar in his basement. i have yet to see a restaurant bar stocked as well. he has his bar meticulously organized by type of liquor, down to scotch, irish, bourbon, etc... he always has a bottle of glenlivet, absinthe, a bunch of wacky liquours... me, personally, $25 on my own, $75 at a restaurant. why oh why has trent not weighed in on this thread? :-? >

Go Pre!

Spent $15 eac on a few shots of tequila at the Coyote Grill in Phoenix AZ. Top price there is over $100 per shot on some aged rare tequila. yikes.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

absinthe
                          That's something I've long been curious to try. I have no idea where I'd even find it. I'm guessing it ain't cheap, either.

~ Sarah Kay

That's something I've long been curious to try. I have no idea where I'd even find it. I'm guessing it ain't cheap, either.
                            I didn't see what all the fuss is about.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't see what all the fuss is about.
                              It doesn't taste very good, does it? So you didn't see green fairies or whatever...? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

I want to try this too - looks interesting but sadly no green fairies: http://slatev.com/player.html?id=1657909714

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy