Drinkers with a Running Problem

Shotgunning or bonging? What's your favorite route to speedy beer ingestion? (Read 374 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

When I was in college, we always went for a "Power Hour" or a "Century Club" when we wanted to get tanked quickly. Ahh...my frat boy days. Yes
    Ah, The Century Club. If you do the full 1.5oz shot, that works out to 12.5 beers in an hour and 40 minutes. Good times. We had a group of us that did The Century one time, and as a measure of our progress, we each signed our names after every 10th shot. It was fun to watch the signatures get more and more unintelligible as the night wore on.
    day boil: the act of getting pissed up between sunrise and sunset, generally a day boil continues into the evening unless the dreaded mid-afternoon nap kills the momentum.
    Sheryl Crow said it best: "I like a good beer buzz early in the morning..."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Queen of 3rd Place

Jeebus guys, power hour has gotten kids killed. Of course the way kids are so heavy these days they're probably ok. Not that I didn't almost kill myself (more than once - and one time, almost took some others with me) back in college. Gads. It's amazing I survived my youth. Arla

Ex runner

The voice of mile 18

Keg stands anyone? doing a handstand on the keg while drinking from the tap. we were really stupid back then beer bongs were really hard on my lungs but I agree w/ OP the simplicity and beauty of shotgunning

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

...---...

I remember once we were shot-gunning and beer bonging 16 oz coors lights before an Ozzy concert - Bark at the Moon tour...anyway, one guy I guess was getting pretty full and took a 16oz silver bullet in record time with a funnel. when he turned to burp, up came a frothy gush of coors. The guy turned to us and said "Whoa, that was weird. liguid going down, froth coming up, and cold both ways, awesome, load me up again." Funny, I hardly ever remember hangovers back then.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I never did either. All I need is an attentive bar keep and let nature take its course... Shocked Some of the "kids" at the fraternity were using the beer bong but we "elders" stuck with the standard methods of just pounding them down. Anyone here play "Beer Hunter"? Someone shakes up a beer and puts it back in the tub with 4 others and you put it up to your head and pop the tab (or pull the tab in my case...). If you guess wrong, you get an 'ear full of beer'. Man, I am old. Cry TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Beer Bong.........definitely. 2 or 3 beers in a millisecond and not a drop spilled!
              When I was in college, we always went for a "Power Hour" or a "Century Club" when we wanted to get tanked quickly. Ahh...my frat boy days. Yes
              Short story about my Century Club membership. Almost 20 years ago exactly, I gave up drinking for lent during my freshman year in college and at a time when I was struggling with my religion (long ugly story not worth telling).........anywho, Easter Sunday afternoon a couple of friends of mine and I started playing. A little more than an hour later and a 12-pack down, I was feeling no pain. With no pain and lots of liquid courage, I made a move on a girl that I had had a crush on for a while. Fast forward 20 years........that girl and I have been together for 20 years, married for 17, and have two amazing kids to show for it. I love beer!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Fast forward 20 years........that girl and I have been together for 20 years, married for 17, and have two amazing kids to show for it. I love beer!
                That's way awesome! I was a wee bit tipsy when I met my hubby. I was 17 and 3 Bartles & Jaymes Black Cherry wine coolers were good stuff. That was almost 18 years ago. We've been married over 11. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was hammered when I met my wife, too! It'll be 24 years on April 13. Big grin GO BEER! TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

C-R

Shotgun = all you need is a good set of keys and you are in business most anywhere. Interesting how this group meets mates. My wife and I met over a keg (I was keg master that night). Fast forward 21 years and three great kids. BTW - we still love keggers. Zoom - that takes courage to admit to drinking wine coolers on a beer forum. Way to HTFU and join the beer side. Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom - that takes courage to admit to drinking wine coolers on a beer forum. Way to HTFU and join the beer side. Cool
                      Well, I was only 17...underage drinkers can't be choosers. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I would go for the bonger. Although, if the holes are small enough in the can after shotgunning, it can serve a dual purpose as a pipe. At least, that's what I heard. Beer hats rock! I can remember waking up after a particularly hard night with my "animal beer" hat on.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

In college I avoided things like beer bongs, shotgunning, shooters, shots, trashcan punch, clear liquors in general, because it would mean - evening over too soon, and unpleasant memories if any. Just stuck to cheap - the beast (scraping bottom) in cans, Busch or Natural Light was the cheapest kegger. Then in 4th year we spent a summer in Europe and came back as certified beer snobs.