Drinkers with a Running Problem

Manhattans (Read 312 times)

Sitting here sipping my Maker's Mark Manhattan and wondering how much water I need to drink tomorrow to make sure my long run on Sunday doesn't feel like shit.......

Besides a beer problem, does anyone have a Bourbon problem too?!?!?!?  ;-)

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Sitting here sipping my Maker's Mark Manhattan and wondering how much water I need to drink tomorrow to make sure my long run on Sunday doesn't feel like shit.......

Besides a beer problem, does anyone have a Bourbon problem too?!?!?!?  ;-)

I love Maker's Mark.    I was raised on Scotch, but suddenly it started tasting too smoky, so I switched to bourbon.

But, this is only a rare treat for me, I can't drink it like I drink beer.  Which is probably a good thing : - )

But, I confess, I've never had a manhattan before. Whenever I'm watching Mad Men, I say to myself I;m going to have to try it soon. 

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I loves me a Manhattan.  The keys is the dash of angostura bitters.  I usually do my Manhattan with a smooth Canadian whisky, but I do have some Maker's Mark.  I'm gonna have to try that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Queen of 3rd Place

mmMMMMMMmmmmanhattan. First drink I ever had, as a toddler. But that's another story.

Still love 'em the way dear old mom made 'em. Two parts good bourbon, one part each sweet and dry vermouth, dash of bitters, splash of maraschino juice. Chill in fridge so you don't have to water it down with ice. Serve straight up with a cherry.

Shit. Now I'm going to have that in my head until I get home.

Ex runner

Ostrich runner

mmMMMMMMmmmmanhattan. First drink I ever had, as a toddler. But that's another story.

Still love 'em the way dear old mom made 'em. Two parts good bourbon, one part each sweet and dry vermouth, dash of bitters, splash of maraschino juice. Chill in fridge so you don't have to water it down with ice. Serve straight up with a cherry.

Shit. Now I'm going to have that in my head until I get home.

When you have the half sweet and half dry vermouth, that's a "perfect" manhattan. 

I like old fashioneds too.  I like leaving out the sugar and adding a little So Co instead.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Wow, I'm going to have to give them a try!

- Anya

WOW, that sounds sweet!....I like mine with 4 parts Bourbon, 1 part sweet Vermouth, dash bitters, and two maraschino cherries.......straight up, of course.  I am glad to see some of you all like these as much as I do.

...Two parts good bourbon, one part each sweet and dry vermouth, dash of bitters, splash of maraschino juice...

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Queen of 3rd Place

Four parts bourbon is for those really bad days...

beef...I can't tell you how many times I heard my dad have to explain to a waiter or bartender what a perfect manhattan was, I think there's a future for you in the beverage industry

Ex runner