Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Secret Barrel Society Member, 

Good news, a new batch of sours are almost ready! The reservation site will open at noon on September 24th for the October 25 - November 5 pickup! Please keep an eye on your inbox on September 24th for the invitation. 

Each member may reserve up to six bottles of each Rambutan and and Dragonfruit and up to five bottles of each Kiwi, Dantalion and Permission Slip for a total of 28 bottles.Please make your selections by noon on Wednesday, October 1st.  We will be unable to change your reservation after this time.

Please take care in selecting your pickup location, as it cannot be changed after your reservation has been made.

We will also be offering tours of the sour brewery again during the second weekend of the pickup period. These tours will be Saturday, November 1st at 3pm and 4pm with a Secret Barrel Society members only tour from 5pm-7pm, and Sunday November 2nd at 3, 4, and 5pm. Tours will be limited to people who have a confirmed reservation. Please email sours@uplandbeer.com to reserve a spot. 

Bottles may be picked up during the pickup period at the Bloomington Brew Pub 11am-midnight Monday through Thursday, 11am-1am Friday and Saturday, and noon to midnight Sunday, or at the Indianapolis Tasting Room 4pm-10pm Monday through Thursday and noon to midnight Friday and Saturday. Please note the Indianapolis Tasting Room cannot sell carryout on Sunday, in accordance with Indiana state law.

Also, the Secret Barrel Society Food and Beer Pairing Event will be on October 25th, at the Bloomington Brew Pub Banquet Hall. If you would like to pick up our sours the night of the party please choose the Bloomington Brew Pub pick up location. Sours will need to picked up before or after the party in the restaurant, we can not facilitate pick up at the party.

Please email sours@uplandbeer.com with any questions. 

Each purchaser must present a government issued ID. If picking up by proxy, please bring your own ID and an original or photocopied State ID of the winner. The name on the ID must match the name in our records. Each bottle will cost $25 plus applicable sales tax.

Kiwi Lambic : Upland lambics are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year, which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole kiwis, giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors. The beer is bottle conditioned, which adds a zesty and refreshing carbonation. Kiwi Lambic is the perfect drink to share with friends over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit. 

Permission Slip : A brand new collaboration beer with our friends at Jolly Pumpkin. Permission Slip is a unique blend of two base beers. The first beer, brewed at Jolly Pumpkin, features raw wheat and flaked oats for a soft mouthfeel, intrinsic flavors of JP's house yeast, and aromatic Mosaic and Amarillo hop additions, all aged on Indiana persimmons. The second beer is Upland Sour Reserve, refermented for 3 months on fresh Dragonfruit. Blended together these beers create a melange of peach, apricot, and tropical fruit flavors with Belgian yeast character and polite lactic and acetic acid. Please enjoy with friends over grilled pineapple and pulled pork.

Dantalion (Secret Barrel Society Only): Dantalion is our demonically named sour ale based on the Oud Bruin beer style. Medium brown in color, Dantalion has hints of chocolate, Munich malts, and rye. We also incorporate a spice blend containing ginger, coriander, star anise, grains of paradise, and black pepper to create a gentle halo of spice character. The beer is fermented on the same selection of yeasts and microbes as our base lambic, and aged for up to 8 months or more in white oak barrels.

Rambutan (Secret Barrel Society Only)Nephelium lappaceum, aka rambutan is native to Indonesia and Malaysia. The earliest record of rambutan trees shows that they were cultivated by the Malayan jungle tribes. Rambutan trees grow naturally throughout Southeast Asia, and are closely related to several other edible tropical fruits including the lychee, longan, and mamoncillo.

This beer is a delicate blend of 25% Malefactor and 75% Sour Reserve aged on fresh Rambutan. Inviting tropical fruit aromas lead to tangy flavors of grape and zest. Enjoy with pistachios, grilled white fish, and friends.

Dragonfruit: Stenocereus Hylocereus, aka pitaya or dragonfruit is a fruit bearing cactus enjoyed throughout the central regions of South America. The red-fleshed skin surrounds an inner white freckled fruit that I often likened to kiwi similarities in appearance and mild sweetness.

This delicious brew is created by aging Sour Reserve on fresh Dragonfruit. Expect aromas of cactus flower and fresh green pepper, with flavors of lemon, tart fruit, and watermelon rind. Enjoy with jerked chicken, good company and key lime pie.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This time, only one of each for me unless I change my mind...if you are offering, that is.

Rambutan

Dragonfruit

Kiwi

Dantalion

Permission Slip

Prince of Fatness

I would be interested in one each of these, assuming as Trent said you are offering.

Dragonfruit

Dantalion

Permission Slip

Not at it at all. 

I'd take one of each if available.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Okey Dokey.

Rambutan Dragonfruit  Kiwi  Dantalion  Permission Slip 
            Allotment   6  6  5  5  5

WhoDat  1  1  1  1  1
             Trent  1  1  1  1  1
             Finn    1    1  1
             EricM  1  1  1  1  1
             Spaniel          
             C-R          

Claimed 3 4 3 4 4
             Available 3 2 2 1 1

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Last call before I place the order....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Would you mind getting some extras for a buddy of mine outside RA?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Would you mind getting some extras for a buddy of mine outside RA?

Sure. What's he want?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One of each. He can paypal you directly, and I can get them to him.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

One of each. He can paypal you directly, and I can get them to him.

Got it.

Rambutan Dragonfruit  Kiwi  Dantalion  Permission Slip 
                      Allotment   6  6  5  5  5

WhoDat  1  1  1  1  1
                       Trent  1  1  1  1  1
                       Finn    1    1  1
                       EricM  1  1  1  1  1
                       Spaniel          
                       C-R          
                      Trent's Buddy 1 1 1 1 1

Claimed 4 5 4 5 5
                       Available 2 1 1 0 0

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Order placed. Not sure yet what day I'll be picking these up.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/upland-brewing-2015-secret-barrel-society-details/

Prince of Fatness

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/upland-brewing-2015-secret-barrel-society-details/

The good news, assuming that Whodat does this again, is that I have tried a lot of the sours mentioned and still have a bunch of sours stashed.  So, I am thinking that I would want about five of those mentioned at the most.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The good news, assuming that Whodat does this again, is that I have tried a lot of the sours mentioned and still have a bunch of sours stashed.  So, I am thinking that I would want about five of those mentioned at the most.

I haven't decided yet. I've had the opportunity try everything other than any new beers that they'll release and I still have most of the sours I picked up this year. I probably wouldn't buy as many beers next year, but it might be fun to be able to try the experimental beers. I'll probably end up joining again.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm sitting on 11 different Uplands from this year I have not consumed yet...but there are several next year that look enticing...heh