Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Group - Hash House Harriers (Read 250 times)

Hey Drinkers with a Running Problem!!! I just started a new User Group on Hashing. You've probably seen a couple of references to 'hashing' here in this group. Now, we've got on own group where we can discuss, not only our motto "Drinkers with a Running Problem", but also more about our own traditions of hashing that have been going on since 1938. So, if you are a hasher, or you want to know more about what hashing is all about, then check out the new user group, Hash House Harriers!!! Hope to see you there. ONON Marc/Harelip Dog

Jazz hands!

Question: wtf is hashing?!? Is this running while stoned?
      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Question: wtf is hashing?!? Is this running while stoned?
        Nope, but they drink after runs. Our nearest HHH group is an hour away (too far to drive after running and having a beer or two. I'd fall asleep at the wheel, I fear), otherwise I'd love to join a group.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

Nope, but they drink after runs. Our nearest HHH group is an hour away (too far to drive after running and having a beer or two. I'd fall asleep at the wheel, I fear), otherwise I'd love to join a group.
          Oh. I don't need a group to do that Wink Tongue
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
            Hey Zoom-Zoom, Where do you live? Out in the sticks? Sounds like prime Shiggy country!!! I might be able to find a group closer to you. You can check with www.half-mind.com and look for the "Find a Hash" link. There might be a group closer to you. You may also be able to find some neighbors that would carpool with you to the hash! Just a thought. And for Squeaky, The activity of 'hashing' began in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, by a British Army officer in 1938. He had four goals in mind: - To promote physical fitness among our members - To get rid of weekend hangovers - To acquire a good thirst and to satisfy it in beer - To persuade the older members that they are not as old as they feel Those goals seem to work today with more than 2,000 hash groups around the world! Today, hashers invite like-minded people of all capabilities. While we're are NOT a competitive lot, there are a lot of runners who like to come out. We call them FRBs or Front Running Bastards! But many of our trails are walker-friendly as well. Here in Tampa, we usually have a runner's trail and a walker's trail to accomodate everyone. If you're still looking for info, I found a great primer on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers check it out! ONON Marc/Harelip
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey Zoom-Zoom, Where do you live? Out in the sticks? Sounds like prime Shiggy country!!! I might be able to find a group closer to you. You can check with www.half-mind.com and look for the "Find a Hash" link. There might be a group closer to you. You may also be able to find some neighbors that would carpool with you to the hash! Just a thought.
              You know, the carpool idea might work...there are a handful of gals in my area who run...maybe we can take turns driving. Would make for a fun road-trip of smelly runners, too. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, carpooling is definitely a good idea. Especially when you can also have a designated driver. There are many kennels that purposely plan their 'starts' near public transportation. One of the DC groups does that, and the one I used to run with in Japan, the Samurai, always started within stumbling distance of a train or subway stop. Even last night, I had a carfull of wet and weary wankers! I live in Tampa, but the hash was in the neighboring city of St. Pete. After the hash, we always gather at a local watering hole for more food, friends, and frolic (ok, that sounds weird, but you get the idea!) Hope you can make it to the hash in your area! ONON Marc/Harelip

...---...

Okay - you guys are nuts. I did some reading up on this group...there's even a local group near me. I dunno, sounds like a vomit fest with all the drinking before, during, and after. I am curious, I must admit.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

On On

The people that drink heavily do not run much, they either walk trail, jog a little or just never leave the parking lot. Those that like to actually do a few miles at a decent pace do not drink heavily before or during the running portion (usually). Most of the drinking takes place after the running (just like most of us do anyway, you are just doing it with your friends).

Queen of 3rd Place

This sounds crazy...sort of disgusting...me likey... Arla

Ex runner