Drinkers with a Running Problem

Gonna be a hot toddy night (Read 316 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shit, if I don't start feeling better soon I will be skipping my race on Sat. That'll teach me to register before race day.... Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Whiskey or Brandy? My grandmother used to give these to us when we were sick (in measured protions of course). Tried brandy once but that's not how I roll. Zoom - try loading up vitamin C and b12. Worked for me in the past to get past a cold and on the trails. Since I'm no doc I can't verify the chemistry as it may have been just a psychological helper.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Try Zicam. I've never used it, but have heard great stories from divers who's dive trip it has saved. You can't equalize if you're stuffed up.
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          Didn't a substitute school teacher invent the cure for the common cold? Follow with hot toddy for vitamin C, carbs and alcohol to kill the remaining virus. Wink

Queen of 3rd Place

Zinc, fluids, toddy, sleep. Smile Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yesterday was utter hell. Today I feel better, but I'm not gonna be doing my 10 mile race tomorrow. My lungs still feel too fragile and I have a 25k in 3 weeks.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Zoom - try loading up vitamin C and b12. Worked for me in the past to get past a cold and on the trails. Since I'm no doc I can't verify the chemistry as it may have been just a psychological helper.
                I am a Doc. A school teacher (kinda) invented the stuff. Yeah. Somehow an unemployed woman cured the common cold, a task that has eluded generations of big research science. Yeah. Right. Roll eyes Turns out that it is all a big marketing gig, that the "inventor" probably was not a real school teacher, and that the company has fought tooth and nail to avoid this stuff getting tested through standard drug testing protocols, a la FDA. At best, the stuff does not do much of anything but rob you of your money. At worst, it may cause harm. But we'll never know unless it gets studied. A hot toddy is where it is at. Time will cure the cold.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A hot toddy is where it is at. Time will cure the cold.
                  Evil grin And damn, this cold is fighting me tooth and nail (I'm sorta disgusted and fascinated by the amount of "ectoplasm" my sinuses are dumping). I think I need another hot toddy before bed tonite...you know, doctor's orders and all... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomy, You're still sick? WTF? Get well.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...I did run a little the last 2 days, but my lungs are PISSED. I got one helluva stubborn bug, that's for sure. Not as severe as that flu I had a couple of months back, but the duration is just as bad.

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I am a Doc. A school teacher (kinda) invented the stuff. Yeah. Somehow an unemployed woman cured the common cold, a task that has eluded generations of big research science. Yeah. Right. Roll eyes Turns out that it is all a big marketing gig, that the "inventor" probably was not a real school teacher, and that the company has fought tooth and nail to avoid this stuff getting tested through standard drug testing protocols, a la FDA. At best, the stuff does not do much of anything but rob you of your money. At worst, it may cause harm. But we'll never know unless it gets studied. A hot toddy is where it is at. Time will cure the cold.
                        To be clear, are you referring to Zicam here?

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

crap. No, Airborn. Too much wine this week.

Lazy idiot

Okay, I have an illicit love affair with Zicam from time to time, and wanted to know if I should take advantage of my accelerated benefit provision on my life insurance. Thanks for keeping me cool.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So is Zicam any good for anyone? I've tried it in the past, but didn't find that it did anything...

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

So is Zicam any good for anyone? I've tried it in the past, but didn't find that it did anything...
                                If I take it for a day or so when I first start feeling a cold coming on, it seems to help make things go easier/faster. But I'll freely confess it's anecdotal. I mean... how can you say it made your cold better when maybe it wasn't a bad cold to begin with? But yeah, I like it.

Tick tock