Drinkers with a Running Problem

The Sam Adams thread (Read 268 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, okay. Fine. So I have a love/hate relationship with SA.

Not really a microbrew anymore, not really a craftbrewery. But they do make some craft beers and they do clearly take some risks. Often the fail. But they keep going.

Which brings me to this.

Yes, you may send me a bottle.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

You cannot get SA?  Or your selection is limited?

I have seen fancy bottles like that but really never looked to see what they were.  Can't remember the last time I bought SA other than at a bar if there was no craft beer.  I'll keep a lookout for this stuff.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

And their Oktoberfest is not half bad ... Maybe I will break down and buy me some of it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great SA selection here, but some things never appear. Infinium is rare, for example. And I have not seen that kreik.  I have seen both the Oktoberfest and the pumpkin this past week, fo sho.

Feeling the growl again

And their Oktoberfest is not half bad ... Maybe I will break down and buy me some of it.

Just picked up the first Oktoberfest of the season.  Had 2 tonight, damned with the weight loss.  I am still on the fence on ordering a 1/6 barrel for the kegerator.

We had a bottle of Infinium for my son's baptism this spring.  I read a lot of negative reviews.  I thought it was unique, but good.  I was at my beer store and the cashier saw me come up with a selection of "good beer".  So she told me they had just a few bottles of Infinium left in back and she thought I might like it.  I think she said each of their two stores only got one case.

I've had a few of their variety packs, I like most of them, some are even really good.  I have not gotten around to trying their newer forays into more crafty stuff.

BTW, after the sell-outs to the Europeans over the past few years, SA is now the largest American-owned brewery.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

To me, Infinium is a concept beer, more about being interesting than about being good. Beer geek beer. A lot of Dogfish Head is that way too.

Prince of Fatness

concept beer, more about being interesting than about being good. Beer geek beer. A lot of Dogfish Head is that way too.

True.  Some bust their chops for doing stuff like that and I do not know why.  Hell some of the concept beers turn out not half bad.  Instead of bitching don't buy them.  Both SA and DFH have a solid lineup of beers in the standard styles so I do not see what the big deal is.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Which brings me to this.

OK then I will.  It is in hand now.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Which brings me to this.

I saw some of those tonight at our tiny town grocery store (with the amazing selection).  I had already exhausted my beer budge with some IPAs for Heather73 (who BADLY busted-up her wrist while mountain biking with me last week, so I am buying her beers out of guilt, heh.  Also because she has no insurance and titanium plates are not cheap.  So her own beer budget is pretty much 0...for a VERY long time Sad ).  I will see if they have that one and grab 1 or 2 for you when I'm in next.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks! Looks like Finn has me taken care of.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Looks like Finn has me taken care of.

Okay, just let me know if you need more--I can stock up for ya'.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In case you were considering a Sam Adams Octoberfest/Marzen 2012, don't.

It was all I could do to avoid drain-pouring that bitch.

Feeling the growl again

In case you were considering a Sam Adams Octoberfest/Marzen 2012, don't.

It was all I could do to avoid drain-pouring that bitch.

Is this different than their standard Octoberfest?  Never heard "Marzen".

MTA:  It appears to be the same thing...try again, perhaps you got a bad one?  I've had it from two different sources now and both were in line with typical expectations.

MMTA:  Ha ha.  I just realized you CAN't have another.  Sucker.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills