Drinkers with a Running Problem

Brown ales (Read 186 times)

#1 son and I had a taste test of 5 different brown ales. My choices in order.

BBC Nut Brown Ale

Blackstone Brewery Brown Ale

Sierra Nevada Tumbler

Yazoo Dos Perros

Abita Turbo dog

His order was Big grinos Perros, BBC Nut Brown, Blackstone Brown, Turbo Dog and lastly the Tumbler.

We both like hoppy beers, so surprised he put the Tumbler last because of "hoppiness"

We've talked about doing this in the past with a selection of really hoppy beers. Hop Devil would be towards the top of my list.

Get off my porch

Prince of Fatness

I've had some of those.  I have not had the Sierra Nevada.  Hoppy?  I may have to try that one.

Some browns that I recommend that are not on your list.

Long Trail Harvest Ale

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

Brooklyn Brown Ale

Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale

Boulder Flashback India Brown Ale (If you like a hoppy brown you must try this)

Not at it at all. 

Am I doing this right?

Surly Bender and Big Sky Moose Drool are a couple to try also.

No excuses....

Feeling the growl again

Big Sky Moose Drool

Forget the moose, this one gives me a Pavlovian reaction..

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

I have a Moose Drool in my fridge.  Hmm.

Is this beer available in Indiana?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I have a Moose Drool in my fridge.  Hmm.

Is this beer available in Indiana?

I have never seen it in Indiana, though I have in Chicago. Also on tap in Chicago. I went to Montana each of the past four years and always stock up. Last year I got two variety twelve packs from Big Sky. Of course we ran out of cheap beer and drank one the night after we hauled 200 lbs of elk back up the mountain. It is one of my favorites. Learned about it when my BIL brought me back one of their beer mugs years ago.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Too bad about the Moose Drool.  Oh well, I better enjoy the only one that I have.

Another to add is Terrapin Hop Karma.  It could be considered a brown IPA I suppose, but it is not over the top hoppy..  I had it for the first time last night.  Very tasty.

Not at it at all.