Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

Prince of Fatness

I'm sitting on 11 different Uplands from this year I have not consumed yet...but there are several next year that look enticing...heh

I still have not got to the bottle of Gilgamesh that you sent to me several years ago.  Cripes.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rambutan Dragonfruit  Kiwi  Dantalion  Permission Slip 
      Allotment   6  6  5  5  5

WhoDat  1  1  1  1  1
       Trent  1  1  1  1  1
       Finn    1    1  1
       EricM  1  1  1  1  1
       Spaniel          
       C-R          
      Trent's Buddy 1 1 1 1 1

Claimed 4 5 4 5 5
       Available 2 1 1 0 0

Beers are in hand. Now I just need to find some boxes. All the ones I had seem to have disappeared.

Trent, I'll bring yours in November unless C-R heads that way earlier and wants to mule them.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Beers are in hand. Now I just need to find some boxes. All the ones I had seem to have disappeared.

I have a boat load of beer that I need to ship to you.  And I have a box.  The problem has been finding the time to pack and ship.  Should be able to get that done next week or the following.  So, for my beer you can just wait for delivery and reuse that box.

Not at it at all. 

Trent, I'll bring yours in November unless C-R heads that way earlier and wants to mule them.

Thanks, I'll try to get a check and some beers out over the next couple of weeks. No hurry to get the beers to me.

Any requests on beers you'd like in return? Spencer, etc?

Feeling the growl again

If you are over next weekend, I have at least one box with shipping materials from Finn I can spare stored in the garage.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sweet love of god!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks, I'll try to get a check and some beers out over the next couple of weeks. No hurry to get the beers to me.

Any requests on beers you'd like in return? Spencer, etc?

Spencer is always good. I enjoyed the beers from Night Shift and Mystic. I still have beer from a couple of other breweries that I haven't gotten to try yet. Bottle sizes smaller than bombers are always nice as it gives me more opportunities to drink it. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Bottle sizes smaller than bombers are always nice as it gives me more opportunities to drink it. 

easier said than done these days, but I'll see what I can do. Most of the better stuff comes in bombers or 750mL. I've resorted to using a vacu vin. It works very well and the carb holds up. Then I can drink a bomber over a couple of days, unless I'm feeling really thirsty

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

easier said than done these days, but I'll see what I can do. Most of the better stuff comes in bombers or 750mL. I've resorted to using a vacu vin. It works very well and the carb holds up. Then I can drink a bomber over a couple of days, unless I'm feeling really thirsty

Don't go out of your way to find smaller than bombers, but if they have them they're nice to have. Also, it doesn't have to be special releases. Tasty year round beers are welcome.

I have something similar to the vacu vin, although mine are getting old and don't seal as well any more. Probably time for a new one.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Didn't we just do this?

Hello Secret Barrel Society Members!

It is time for the LAST sour reservation period of 2014! The reservation period will open November 5th at 12pm EDT and close November 12th at 12pm EDT. Please check your inbox for an invitation to the reservation site, if you have not received one by the start of the lottery, please email sours@uplandbeer.com

Each member may reserve up to six bottles of Raspberry, Strawberry and Cherry, and up to twelve bottles of Malefactor for a total of 30 bottles. Please make your selections by noon on Wednesday, November 12th. We will be unable to change your reservation after this time.

Please take care in selecting your pickup location, as it cannot be changed after your reservation has been made.

We will also be offering tours of the sour brewery lead by head sour brewer, Caleb Staton, during the second weekend of the pickup period. These tours will be Saturday, December 13th at 3pm and 4pm with a Secret Barrel Society members only tour from 5pm-7pm. Tours will be limited to people who have a confirmed reservation. Please email sours@uplandbeer.com to reserve a spot.

Bottles may be picked up during the pickup period at the Bloomington Brew Pub 11am-midnight Monday through Thursday11am-1am Friday and Saturday, and noon to midnight Sunday, or at the Indianapolis Tasting Room 4pm-10pm Monday through Thursday and noon to midnight Fridayand SaturdayPlease note the Indianapolis Tasting Room cannot sell carryout on Sunday, in accordance with Indiana state law.

Each purchaser must present a government issued ID. If picking up by proxy, please bring your own ID and an original or photocopied State ID of the winner. The name on the ID must match the name in our records. Each bottle will cost $25 plus applicable sales tax.

We are also now selling 2015 Secret Barrel Society Memberships. If you have not renewed your membership yet, sales will close January 1, 2015. Memberships can be purchase through ouronline store.

Malefactor: Developed as a stronger version of a Flanders-style Red Ale, Malefactor is our only sour aged in bourbon barrels that have been previously used to age beer at least once. This creates petite notes of bourbon character, and darker, charred wood character. Malefactor also undergoes a turbid mash, with a portion of flaked maize being boiled with the rest of the malt bill, including Vienna and caramel malts. A different cocktail of microorganisms are involved in fermentation, which creates sour notes, and hints of cherry pie. Malefactor is aged for up to 8 months or more before packaging

Cherry Lambic: Upland Lambics are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year, which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole cherries giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors   

Strawberry Lambic: Upland Lambics are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year, which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole strawberries, from Huber Orchard in Starlight, Indiana.

Raspberry Lambic: Upland Lambics are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year, which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole raspberries making the beer a perfect drink to share over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Malefactor Cherry Strawberry Raspberry
                        Allotment   12  6  6  6

WhoDat 2    1  
                         Trent  1      
                         Finn  1  1    
                         EricM  1      
                         Spaniel        
                         C-R    1    

Claimed 5  2 1  
                         Available 7 4 5 6

Malefactor Cherry Strawberry Raspberry
                          Allotment   12  6  6  6

WhoDat 2    1  
                           Trent        
                           Finn        
                           EricM        
                           Spaniel        
                           C-R        

Claimed 2   1  
                           Available 10 6 5 6

I think I'll go with just a bottle of Malefactor this round. Thanks WhoDat

Prince of Fatness

Cherry and Malefactor for me please.  FFS.

Thanks as always for doing this Whodat.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I'm putting in as well but would enjoy a Cherry.

You still have that Dragonfruit available from the last batch?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You still have that Dragonfruit available from the last batch?

I only picked up what was claimed, so I don't have any extras. I'd be happy to bring mine next time we get together to share though.