Drinkers with a Running Problem

RWI (Read 96 times)

Strict WTF adherent

Just finished my last Blithering Idiot. Kids are in bed and in-laws are safely 25 miles away ... got a little buzz, not too hard (wouldn't get behind the wheel), and it's pretty nice out. It's an ideal night to get in a few miles, but my post-drinking runs are normally reserved for when I'm completely smashed or when I've only had one or two. What do you do in a situation like this? Any tips?

Feeling the growl again

Just finished my last Blithering Idiot. Kids are in bed and in-laws are safely 25 miles away ... got a little buzz, not too hard (wouldn't get behind the wheel), and it's pretty nice out. It's an ideal night to get in a few miles, but my post-drinking runs are normally reserved for when I'm completely smashed or when I've only had one or two. What do you do in a situation like this? Any tips?

What would I do?  Plead the 5th.

Run somewhere safe and keep your clothes on...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ultra Cowboy

What color bar on your chart is drunk runs?

WYBMADIITY

Save

Strict WTF adherent

Green is easy, so that.

Anyway, I wound up finishing my wife's Miller 64s and watching Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, right?

Feeling the growl again

Green is easy, so that.

Anyway, I wound up finishing my wife's Miller 64s and watching Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, right?

Yes.

But only because you were drinking Miller 64s.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Strict WTF adherent

Figured as much. There's a time and place for Miller 64. Sadly, I won't be pledging a sorority anytime soon.

Well, we've got a nice winter storm going, and the dilemma strikes again: My six pack of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale is gone. I've got a few choice bombers stashed away, but don't think the time is right for that. Thinking about finishing my wife's beer again, this time while on the treadmill.

Feeling the growl again

Figured as much. There's a time and place for Miller 64. Sadly, I won't be pledging a sorority anytime soon.

Well, we've got a nice winter storm going, and the dilemma strikes again: My six pack of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale is gone. I've got a few choice bombers stashed away, but don't think the time is right for that. Thinking about finishing my wife's beer again, this time while on the treadmill.

Well, I'm going to give you a pass because you reference a 6-pack of DFH Brown, a truly world class beer.

You are right.  There is a time and place for Miller 64.  If you are dead and it is friggin' hot, you have arrived at such a time and place.

Of course, if you still plan on hitting the tm afterwards you can earn back some hardass points.