Drinkers with a Running Problem

Coors ads bad, Bud ads good (Read 183 times)

Is anyone watching the football games? I think Coors should fire their advertising agency. Coors Light seems to be selling that you can figure out if the beer is cold enough (I assume to make it palatable) by changing the color of the label. I guess the people they're selling to can't figure out how long you need to leave beer in the fridge before it gets cold. Coors seems to be selling that you drank Coors in high school, so why would you change. The commercial assumes you're hanging out with the same crowd as well, so I guess we know who they're selling to. (At least my high school friends would be pretty undesirable to hang out with the rest of my life). Having said that, I do like the coach interview spots. Budweiser, on the other hand, is doing a great job turning a negative into a positive. It is true that "american lager" beer cannot hide any flaws, and Anheuser Busch rightly points this out -- it is truly an amazing achievement to be able to brew this beer so flawlessly. Of course, it has no flavor behind which flaws would be hidden, which of course is the negative.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bud and Miller have long had some of the best ads. I don't even remember any Coors' ads...apparently they aren't having the desired effect if no one can remember them.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Yet Coors has a rabid following in certain parts of the country. When I lived in the four corners area it was considered the local "soda". *shrug* Bud has always had the best commercials of the big US brewers. Don't know how they do it - lot's of money, I guess. They even successfully sued to get the Bud name taken away from the town of Budvar (although this has gone back and forth a bit). Talk about deep pockets. Arla

Ex runner

Not sure about that on the town name. The Czech beer originally known "over there" as Budweiser is called Budvar here in the U.S. And the US Bud has won product naming rights issues in the EU. Here's a link on that issue: http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/06/12/sorry_budvar/ I do laugh at the Coor's coach ads. I find most of the ads for the big brewers mildly entertaining, but their beers less so, which is why I seldom drink them. And only then as a last resort (i.e., I am a guest.)