Drinkers with a Running Problem

Please, please can I work for you?! (Read 279 times)

an amazing likeness

In the words of Tina Fey..."I want to go there".

New Belgium Brewing Co. likes to do things differently.

After one year of work, each employee receives an ownership stake in the company and a free custom bicycle. After five years every employee enjoys an all-expenses-paid trip to Belgium -- the country whose centuries-old beer tradition serves as a model for the Fort Collins, Colo., brewery. Oh yeah, and employees get two free six-packs of beer a week.

"There's something wrong if making beer can't be fun," says CEO Kim Jordan, who co-founded the company with her husband, Jeff Lebesch, in 1991 (he retired a decade later).

The perks aren't just for fun, though. Each one is an expression of the company's ethos. The free bikes help the environment. The trips to Belgium commemorate Lebesch's bicycle tour of that country's breweries in 1989 -- the original inspiration for the company, now the third largest craft brewery and the eighth largest overall in the U.S.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Of course, one round trip on an airplane to Belgium makes up for 5 years of gas savings from commuting on a bike.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of course, one round trip on an airplane to Belgium makes up for 5 years of gas savings from commuting on a bike.

Buzzkill. 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Trent =

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Former runner

They just started distributing in Indiana a couple months ago. The 1554 black ale I had this week was pretty good. I have another Fat Tire in the fridge ready for post-run refreshment. For some reason they are only selling 22s. I love the fact that their wits have instructions on the back on how to properly pour it into a glass.

Ross

Jazz hands!

That reminds me, I gotta try their summer beer. Thanks, internet!
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run